Old 10-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #61
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

if i had to pick and i got 25 year old CJ and 25 year old RICE

IM PICKING JERRY RICE EVERY FUCKING TIME

jerry rice was fucking amazing and would wow you every time it was thrown to him. if he got 3 yards after a catch, that was all to be HAD

he made the most out of everything. joe montana and steve young ran around like hooligans WITH THE SECURITY in knowing if they threw it anywhere near rice, he would get it. no matter what. like boldin in the playoffs last year. those passes were his. those defenders didnt get the memo. except where boldin used brute strength and G'ness

jerry rice would finesse his way there with no wasted steps or movements. and it wasnt just a playoff run. it was EVERY TIME HE WAS ON THE FIELD

he was god to the WR position. there will never be another.

you guys mention jim brown and barry sanders. he was like if they had a baby, and that baby played rb. what that rb would be to the position of RB is what jerry rice was to the position of wr. with his weird orstrich head and pirate loop earrings and all.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #62
Meth
Back again.

Battle Record: 12-5

Champed
- Time to Kill IV
- 1-2 Punch Panic Room

Meth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Meth

Word. Jerry Rice was the purest route runner ever. (Isaac Bruce being a bot so close second)

Calvin Johnson just beasts and feasts, plus there's not a chance he plays 13 more years.

Be real.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #63
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i remember rich gannon almost breaking the record for consecutive completions in a game back in the day. he had like 22. he was throwing to jerry rice and tim brown and that other young quick dude i forget now but if you said his name i'd recognise it. the raiders were thuggin
Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #64
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to pick between a 25 year old Rice and a 25 year old Calvin Johnson

I'M PICKING CALVIN JOHNSON EVERY SINGLE TIME.

He is the broken prototype. The ideal receiver, plus more. He is unfair, and breaks the game at a Madden money play level. I've said this for years, not just because of this game. If you had to make the perfect receiver, you'd fall short of Johnson. He won't break Rice's records. He won't be as prolific. Just due to time. But prime vs. prime, I'm taking Johnson for my team. Fuck Jerry Rice's routes, as crisp as they are. CJ runs good routes and more than makes up for it in terms of catches and feats Jerry Rice simply CANT do. CJ's going against cornerbacks and safeties so ahead of the ones Rice had to face in terms of physical traits and speed it's not fair, and he makes them look stupid. Defensive schemes developed due to Rice are implemented in today's NFL, and CJ breaks them. If it's one on one coverage, with a safety over top, there's not one receiver in NFL history I'd take over CJ. He draws more attention than anyone I've seen.

It's an argument. People who say Rice is better without question aren't seeing things correctly.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #65
Alvin Karpis

Battle Record: 34-12

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Summer Classic V
- Summer Classic IV
- NBL Season 7
- BA Swag and Flow
- BA Swag & Flow Tournament II
- BA Tag
- BA Tag Tournament IV

Alvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant futureAlvin Karpis has a brilliant future

I reaped the benefits this week for Calvin

too bad he's on a bye this week
Alvin Karpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #66
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
If I had to pick between a 25 year old Rice and a 25 year old Calvin Johnson

I'M PICKING CALVIN JOHNSON EVERY SINGLE TIME.

He is the broken prototype. The ideal receiver, plus more. He is unfair, and breaks the game at a Madden money play level. I've said this for years, not just because of this game. If you had to make the perfect receiver, you'd fall short of Johnson. He won't break Rice's records. He won't be as prolific. Just due to time. But prime vs. prime, I'm taking Johnson for my team. Fuck Jerry Rice's routes, as crisp as they are. CJ runs good routes and more than makes up for it in terms of catches and feats Jerry Rice simply CANT do. CJ's going against cornerbacks and safeties so ahead of the ones Rice had to face in terms of physical traits and speed it's not fair, and he makes them look stupid. Defensive schemes developed due to Rice are implemented in today's NFL, and CJ breaks them. If it's one on one coverage, with a safety over top, there's not one receiver in NFL history I'd take over CJ. He draws more attention than anyone I've seen.

It's an argument. People who say Rice is better without question aren't seeing things correctly.
rice had to worry about dying

calvin johnson ain't bout that life

he didnt have to go over the middle against romanowski sudsing steroids out of his mouth like the little giants

but that said, you are ignorant in this assessment. rice was best when a play broke down, outside of his routes, finding pockets in coverage when there was no such thing as a defenseless receiver. he would snatch it from defenders too, there is nothing johnson can do that he couldnt. johnson has physical gifts no doubt, maybe johnson could grab a pass thrown three inches higher than rice could? but could he catch it thrown at his shoe? while behind him? with a guy on him, and another there to decleat him? and he holds on?

im sure he can, but its a matter of preference

and i prefer the better receiver.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #67
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I actually think Calvin Johnson is the only player capable of beating Rice's career SEASON stats just because the game has changed way too much since Rice played and now offenses are much more pass heavy. But really who gives a fuck? When CJ wins a few rings we'll ask who's better. For now it's Rice.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #68
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
there is nothing johnson can do that he couldnt.
Simply not true.

Then again you think LeBron would be a l33t tight end. Grain of salt, and what not.
Could you find me?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #69
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

lol'ed at career season stats

but word to the rings thing

except johnson ain't getting any

UNLESS THERES A BLOCKBUSTER TRADE GOING DOWN WHERE THE RAVENS GET HIM

then i would switch and call him GOAT

but right now you guys are sounding like all those dummies who thought moss was better when he caught all them td's when brady threw 50. what did he get? 25 tds? crazy yards etc

no rings, not as good as rice. johnson is a more solid randy moss.

and by solid i mean physically

otherwise word

rice>
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #70
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Simply not true.

Then again you think LeBron would be a l33t tight end. Grain of salt, and what not.
i think lebron could be a dominant receiving tight end

i stand by that

you think the browns are a better team than the ravens

me and eddie are always right in football discussions even when we are wrong

#gridirongoblins
Old 10-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #71
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Eddie's a moron. You just like black people.
Could you find me?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #72
Meth
Back again.

Battle Record: 12-5

Champed
- Time to Kill IV
- 1-2 Punch Panic Room

Meth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant futureMeth has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Meth

Eddie's just blinded by a steel curtain.

Uh-oh's wrong about LeBron.

But.

Rice > Calvin.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #73
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
\but word to the rings thing

except johnson ain't getting any

UNLESS THERES A BLOCKBUSTER TRADE GOING DOWN WHERE THE RAVENS GET HIM

then i would switch and call him GOAT
Word.

i thought you were smart, but this is some stupid shit.

bringing up 'rings' in football lmao.

lebron as an elite tight end.

diode was right.

you are not correct, and your thinking, at a basic molecular level, is wrong.
Could you find me?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #74
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word you got me bro

rings don't mean anything in football
Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #75
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

oignrtfkdcsnirfdkv

dumb as fuck right now.

brb the number of individual player's rings in a twenty two starter sport is relevant to how good that individual player is

fuck you're dumb
Could you find me?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #76
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

rice caught 8 td's in super bowls

calvin johnson hasnt smelled one yet

rings mean nothing

yet dan marino threw for 44 td's the year LT won the LEAGUE MVP

looking back, which one was a champion?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #77
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
oignrtfkdcsnirfdkv

dumb as fuck right now.

brb the number of individual player's rings in an twenty two starter sport is relevant to how good that individual player is

fuck you're dumb
barry sanders is one of the greatest running backs of all time.

he is no jerry rice. did jerry rice win super bowls single handedly? no its a team sport.

i'm not faulting calvin johnson for not having super bowls. it doesnt take away from his talent. but his talent hasnt been able to show that it could win super bowls lol

blame his team. who knows how he would respond in a big game that mattered?

niggas ball out in the preseason too lets crown em
Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #78
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

holy fuck you don't understand anything about pure talent.

you'd take LT over marino in starting a franchise.

uh oh the type of dude to take robert horry over tim duncan lol.

"RINGZ" is the last stand of the weak minded argument.

will ignore further sports posts by uh oh.
Could you find me?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #79
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

id take david robinson over tim duncan all day
Old 10-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #80
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

name 5 all time greats who never won a super bowl?

marino, sanders............