Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #41
Lucos

Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos Lucos

exposed me how? you're the one who plagiarized an entire story and then shamelessly tried to pass the blame on to HV when he left the internet.
Lucos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #42
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to make this thread about Baron Mynd any more than it already is, but that's not biting. He converted an existing story into rhyme form, and if I were voting on that, I'd knock him points for a lack of creativity.

But does anyone think of zygote or Mike Wrecka as biters? They did the same, though they did it with more well-known stories.

I think in an ideal situation, if one were to retell a famous, existing story so directly, they would link back to the source material. But this genre of writing is so disparate in its rigorous rhyming demands that I don't think it's fair to call that "biting" by the standards of text rap.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #43
Lucos

by the standards of text rap you should surely cite your source before posting it (like you said the story is obscure, and a lot of it is word for word) as if you dont then you leave yourself open to this shit
Old 09-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #44
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

There's a gray area because of the obscurity. With zygote and Mike Wrecka, they told very well-known stories that were immediately recognized by several voters.

I don't think Baron Mynd was right to do what he did, but I don't think it can be cast as biting in the sense that we usually mean.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #45
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Lucos: nobody cares. Go do something with your life.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #46
Lucos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Lucos: nobody cares. Go do something with your life.
and herein lies the issue. text is dead, so nobody cares anyway and neither do i lol i just like fucking with lars because hes so blatantly on here to compensate for his pathetic personal life
Old 09-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #47
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

thanks for not making this thread petty and stupid guys. I definitely appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #48
Lucos

you the mic wrecker kan diggy you kan kick it dont get it twisted
Old 09-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #49
kannon
kickthekan

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucos View Post
you the mic wrecker kan diggy you kan kick it dont get it twisted
remember when I beat you in a battle and I didn't even know how to pronounce your name? haha, still don't.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=4973110
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #50
Lucos

lmao remember that i no showed?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #51
kannon
kickthekan

Champed
- The Mic Check

you scurrd
Old 09-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #52
Lucos

you wish. my equipment no showed, not me lol
Old 09-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #53
kannon
kickthekan

Champed
- The Mic Check

You know, I want to say "What kind of asshole signs up for an audio battle when they don't even have equipment to record." but I've seen a lot of that going around lately.

But also you scurrd.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #54
Lucos

nah. i give you your props bro. you had a sick verse, and i admit it would have took a good verse to beat it. but i enjoy doing audio especially battles, i have a lot going on in life and have done for a long time. shit is fucked up from a music perspective.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #55
Lucos

hence why i never once hated or tried to flame your verse like half these faggots would have. you won fair and square, thats all i got to say.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #56
Lucos

that's not to say i wouldnt have beaten you lke a fucking dog who bit my newborn though.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #57
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

kannon's fans can listen to his interview in the Round 2 Short-Verse Topical Tournament magazine.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #58
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
The league clearly and without doubt was at its largest at various points in Season 1.
U have an opinion on everything and ur opinions are facts apparently. U weren't even here
Old 09-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #59
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
U have an opinion on everything and ur opinions are facts apparently. U weren't even here
That actually is a fact, though. Numbers tend to be.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #60
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
That actually is a fact, though. Numbers tend to be.
numbers don't lie. but you have the wrong data. show me the number of people that were aware of the leagues existence for each season

Tags
lars is right though, pro arrives@califagtions, when profit bcums loss, why is muff here still?