Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 4 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #21
theMuzzl3

Battle Record: 2-6

theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3

Both of these were okay. Both of them started out a bit weak and ended a bit strong.

NYCSPITZ responded in a way that made me think his verse was written independently of reading Arid's, which has some good things going for it. He had many lines about "him" or "his", which in some ways may have referred to his opponent without actually being about his opponent. This was a good approach to a battling state of mind in AOWL. However, NYCSCRPTZ had 4 more lines than Arid did (total, and counting Arid's one word lines as lines).

Arid's verse started out talking about himself. Not a good approach in AOWL, IMO. His last 14 lines were decent. Some of them were not great, such as "Defying the poets pining their dreaming is dying". An English teacher may have faiedl that, and a rap expert would put up with it as long as it rhymed the next line; but it didn't.

NYCS had good spots, but also lack of rhyming… no real grammatical errors that I can bitch about… but some lack of rhyming.

Both of them had good content towards the end of the verses. I would have hoped for better build ups. In NYCS verse, he talked about "he" and "his", perhaps too much. In Arid's verses, he would have had a better build up without referring to himself.

Both, over all, decent verses but nothing too special.

I'm basing my vote on NYCS having written more lines as a response, given he could have deleted several lines from the first chunk.

Going with what is more easy to read, and with what felt better as a reader (comparing the later half of each verse).

/V Arid
theMuzzl3 AKA Malibu's Most Wanted

Last edited by theMuzzl3; 12-28-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Closed Thread