Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Hush is my new girlfriend
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trap View Post
It IS fact. The only people that think Eminem is in the top ten of all time are kids 16-22 or so years old. All the folk who have listened to hiphop / rap music for the past 20+ years would say otherwise.
What does that prove other than the fact two generations disagree, which is the same in every genre of music because you like what you grew up with, how does being older make them right? That's a pretty flawed argument seeing as how most people decide on which kind of music they are really fans of during those years, so if there is a huge and talented rapper like Eminem that is who they will go to first if they are fans of hip hop. Just as how Pac used to have that sort of status, he was the face of the genre, like it or not, Em was out spitting everybody, the stories he was telling and the unheard of and socially unacceptable lyrics he was writing, mixed with honesty and admittedly a pretty interesting personality at least to the extent that was shown, all of these things are what made him stand out, I honestly don't think he gets nearly enough credit for what he did for Hip Hop...this more than makes him one of the all time greats.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
Seyance
-

Battle Record: 0-4

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night VII

Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance Seyance

Quote:
It IS fact. The only people that think Eminem is in the top ten of all time are kids 16-22 or so years old. All the folk who have listened to hiphop / rap music for the past 20+ years would say otherwise.
rofl, what a bullshit statement.. you have no idea of the opinions, so you cannot say IT IS FACT. simply because it's not.
Seyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

All opinions all subjective
Prop 17
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #25
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

Everybody has the right to an opinion, but some choose to be wrong.
Singer s of my generation include whitney and mariah, does that mean I should think they are better than Aretha or Gladys just cause when iwas young they outsold their predecessors?
Eminem did not invent socially unacceptable rap. He spoke up for authentic hiphop but just happened to be white.
Everything else is what we did to him and how he reacted.
But why is it so hard to admit that eight mile made him like bel air made fresh prince?
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #26
Scott Akers
Detained

Battle Record: 0-1000000

Accomplishments
- Post 6x in a row every time about shit no one cares about

Champed
- Dong bar championship sucker
- Cried in front of god of war on skype
- Swallows meat swords for a living
- Worst battler of all time
- Has a losing record vs rican

Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers

he blew up cus of dr dre, just like 50 blew up cus of em.
Scott Akers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

Good point what about missy. She was huge. And popular.
But as talented as tim is he couldnt help bubba.
Dre called em cuz he was dope. I dont like the symbol hes become. The two are unrelated. Dont try to cut down my points with irrelevant facts. Stay on theme.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

I think its unfair to say that eminem was the only person rapping about that type of shit, but the same can be said of those that deny the fact that eminem did it with a unique and eccentric type of personality that actually made the abrasive popular in the mainstream. Who the fuck was rapping like em? It couldve been another rapper out there saying some crazy shit, but it wouldnt have passed for very long because they wouldnt have had anywhere near the style of em.

I determine GOAT's by style yes, but right alongside that, influence, and Eminem is that if nothing else. Influential. Go back in time and take away the SSLP and MMLP and see if the game is the same. Thats what makes those albums classics to me. Eminem is top 5 rappers of all time to me.
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Scott Akers
Detained

Battle Record: 0-1000000

Accomplishments
- Post 6x in a row every time about shit no one cares about

Champed
- Dong bar championship sucker
- Cried in front of god of war on skype
- Swallows meat swords for a living
- Worst battler of all time
- Has a losing record vs rican

Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers Scott Akers

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbarqWEAPONARM View Post
Eight mile inadvertently destroyed rap on the internet
8 mile made rap on the internet lol.
Scott Akers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #30
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Exactly.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #31
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
It IS fact.
According to... what?

http://www.superteacherworksheets.co...ion1_WBNNQ.pdf

This is due by the end of class.

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #32
Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous

Infinite, SSLP, MMLP are all classic.
Lyrically, eminem is more talented than any if the people this site loves.
More talented than 99% of the old school 80's & 90's rappers.
The only rapper I can think of from the 90's that is genuinely better than Em, is Big L
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Infinite, SSLP, MMLP are all classic.
Lyrically, eminem is more talented than any if the people this site loves.
More talented than 99% of the old school 80's & 90's rappers.
The only rapper I can think of from the 90's that is genuinely better than Em, is Big L
Wow.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #34
Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous Anonymous

In terms of flow, schemes, wordplay, even the general themes in his songs. Not many are as good
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #35
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

I think you took it a bit far saying that L is the only rapper from the 90's who is better than Em. 7-9 of the top 10 rappers of all time were big in the 90's, depending on preference.

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #36
Anonymous

Well that's the thing, in the end it's all about preference.
My top 10 would probably only have 1-2 people from the 90's & probably only 4-5 US rappers
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #37
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Let me guess, Macklemore is top 3?

Battle to the death
Old 03-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #38
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

This kind of explosive exaggeration is what I hate about ems fans...
not that all do it...cause if fight music or lose yourself or role model came on I'm jammin...
But I mean... you're including ghost, meth, big, doom, wayne, kane, slick rick, Jay, nas, Will, hammer, X, I mean did you think before you posted or did your love for eminem make you forget to think?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #39
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
Let me guess, Macklemore is top 3?
Nah, I've been playing him heaps recently, but he wouldn't be worthy of top 10 of all time.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #40
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbarqWEAPONARM View Post
This kind of explosive exaggeration is what I hate about ems fans...
not that all do it...cause if fight music or lose yourself or role model came on I'm jammin...
But I mean... you're including ghost, meth, big, doom, wayne, kane, slick rick, Jay, nas, Will, hammer, X, I mean did you think before you posted or did your love for eminem make you forget to think?
I'm not even a huge eminem fan. I rarely listen to him. But honestly, he is better than most the people you listed. Jay z, Nas, Method Man & MF Doom are the only people you mentioned who could be better