Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 2 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #261
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Everything I've done this season has been different from what everyone else is done but it hasn't been creative. Doesn't different make it creative?

Yeah.

Fuck all of you. ;)
Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #262
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, shut the fuck up.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #263
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Madvillainy that much :-/
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #264
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Fuck you Certain. I love that movie though.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #265
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

That quote is from a De La Soul guest appearance, though.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #266
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

My statement was not made based on your signature.
Could you find me?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #267
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Do you like other MF DOOM projects? Other Madvillain projects? I think it's both of their finest hours.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #268
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I'll assume that post was directed at me even though I know it wasn't. No. No I don't.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #269
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

give me something new to listen to. hip hop that dropped in the last month or so.

no Kendrick lamar type bullshit
Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #270
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #271
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
I don't know why but in almost every match I've had this year my opponent has either done something untoward (no show, recycle, edit) or they've felt the need to say something in this topic if the match actually went to votes and they were losing. Maybe people don't like losing to someone named PancakeBrah. Perhaps people generally don't respect what I write. Who's to say. I'm not one to care for the reason but it does indeed get old. I try to make a point of not saying anything about a match until it's over just out of respect for the competition. Since you've brought it up, though, I might as well stoop to your level and respond. See, you're obviously being sarcastic. You laid it on pretty thick. So I have to assume you think my approach was NOT creative. That's the argument. Counterpoint; the end of the verse was meant to be self deprecating and, if I can say so, a bit humorous. There was no plot. Thus no twist. Maybe you need every topical to be a story with a whoa crazy crazy twist to deem it creative. I'm not of that mind. When I had set out in writing my piece I had two ideas in mind; a plot based verse, or a less "creative" approach fleshed out by the exploration of an idea with an emphasis on thought and creative schemes. I chose the latter. The obvious pitfall would be if my opponent had a thoughtful verse with strong schemes that was also creative in approach. I felt the reward outweighed the risk and attempted to write the fullest verse I could in relation to the topic. The approach wasn't "Creative" but I hoped my execution and wit would be. It's a writing league. I tried to outwrite my opponent without relying on a gimmicky premise (although one could argue writing about my own tendencies as a writer is a gimmick) or a convoluted storyline meant to surprise the reader. So yes, I apologize for not meeting your standard of creativity YDK. I'm sure there's a wall somewhere that'd be more empathetic toward your complaint.
Lmao dude chill the fuck out cake, I was being 100% real bruh usually when somebody is classified as to writing a certain topic they do everything they can not to write about it. You took the bull by the horns an said fuck y'all I'll write exactly wat you said I would an make it awesome.
stop being so defensive
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #272
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

In retrospect it seems I have overreacted.
Could you find me?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #273
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Lol I can see how my short compliment could be taken either way but my intentions were good
Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #274
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Champed

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

guys lets talk about the battles once they are closed.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #275
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

finished @cake's wall of text vs ydk's compliment
Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #276
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post

Cormega is dope. very underrated. roc Marciano I just cant get into for some reason

that second video was south trash

good looks though on the mega
Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #277
breathless
Master of Beastiality

Battle Record: 4-6

breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless breathless

So, last night/this morning I drank an entire fifth of DonRico over a 13 hour period, and woke up at 9:30pm with my weed pipe under my pillow and the lil weed container open upsidedown at the foot of the bed with particles all over the sheets... I remember everything, even drinking the last shot and throwing the bottle away then going to bed, but I have no recollection of getting my pipe out or smoking (or not) I've been weed free for 51 days and took a pee test on Friday for a job, but I intended on waiting to smoke the little bit I had saved until the results came back just in case.

http://soundcloud.com/dancourser/sets
Old 12-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #278
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Champed

guys do me a favor. peep this video of my homeboys latest cd. let me know what you think.

they recorded this video right outside my job, its pretty low budget but they dope

http://vimeo.com/72419271
Old 12-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #279
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Mike Wrecka, I totally knew you would hate that second one and love Cormega. Your heart lies in 1995 New York rap. I ain't mad at cha.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #280
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

I got drunk.

Ask me anything except what my previous rap message board name was.