Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Pic League > Pic Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future
Default NPL Week 4 Magazine :)

Intro

Welcome to the third week of an amazingly run league by our new resident mod god @Sharp. I'm here to lend a hand this week, and will be trying my best to ply my skill of typing words on a 07 macbook manically early every morning. I truly believe txt is at its best when it has a "promoter". A Dana White or Vince McMahon for lack of a better analogy. I will be trying to fill this void. That is, if ya'll react positively to my efforts. My main issue is putting my time into things and getting no results. So I will be PLAIN, if you guys continue to vote, show for battles, and not cry over shit... I will not only continue.. I will put more work in week after week. We are entering a activity spike. I truly expect a second wave of Corona in the future, and possibly a secondary quarantine after September.. so I'm chilling. I'll be here, lets make this fun and productive. Let's push the "culture". I love each and every one of you guys. Lets be great, good vibes ya dig.

Voting

I hate to sound preachy, or be a fucking nag, but damn man. Voting. Voting is literally all we got. Ironically I could give two fucks about who you guys vote for in November. I dont care. I need you guys voting weekly on these fucking battles. Be confident to project your opinion, take a few moments.. even if on ONLY ONE battle a week.. to give a REAL authentic thorough vote. You dont have to be a more established writer to critique someone else. Ever opinion is valid here, as long as it is explained. The blind voting is amazing, battles seem to be less lop sided because "sheep" voting isnt an option. Vote one you see the battle go up if you have the time, nobody is judging the votes, we are judging the verses. The more you guys vote, the more opportunities I will have to do new tourneys, implement new ideas and basically create the playground for YOU guys to enjoy yourselves. But word, thank you to Sharp for doing an amazing job, and not being afraid to lead, as well as being a effective and humble leader.

Last edited by Victor.; 07-21-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #2
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Battle Previews

Contender Match: @Blue Bayou 3-0 vs @Resin M-I-C 3-0

The battle of the titans and one of two co main events for this week. I like how Sharp forumulated the double contendors matches leading into the big champ match next week. Both of these guys are top tier photograph assasins. Dudes know how to dig out a gem from the pic and put the work in on it. If it was a reg or pic battle I really couldnt call a edge here either way. Neither is really KNOWN for pic battling BUT they seem to already have it down pact. Should be a good read. Hopefully it gets the votes it deserves.

Contender Match: Hush 3-0 vs @UserName 2-1

This should be dope because I really like User and would like to impress him with my verse this week. I feel like we share a key factor of humor but go about it absolutely differently. Should be a interesting clash of styles, and I will enjoy reading his verse where as I usually try not to read my opponents verse, I look foward to checking it this week. This sets up alot of interesting match up possibilities for next week, so I think it certainly shows how the league is ramping up. Good luck bro this will be fun.

@Destroyer 2-1 vs @FGR 2-1

Destroyer has been making a nice run as of late, and riding that wave of confidence I see he has already posted a verse. That can be both a gambit and a gamble. Those words might mean the same thing , who cares. But yo, FGR is still new to my eyes but has a nice voice to his verses and good humor. He needs to edit a bit more aggresively. By that I mean if you plan to go 12 lines write 24 and pick the better half of the verse. Des still needs to find his footing consistency wise. Both these guys are in a position to make the first title run at the title once a Champ is crowned, so I can't stress enough how important this battle is. Especially for FGR cuz Des already posted. Bring your A game bro.

@Bomb Bard 2-1 vs @Zuch 2-1

Bomb aka Kill Spree can be really choppy at times with his execution and wording, but has a eye for good concepts. Zuch has been pretty much steam rolling and seems to want to write as much as possible. That means he's in the zone from my perspective. I imagine he wont have trouble penning out some fire to the good ammo provided in Kills pic. This will be a uphill battle for Bomb I cant front. Going to have to bring your A game Bard cuz the cards arent stacked in your favor.

@evaD 1-0 vs @Adverse 1-2

Both these guys just took a early exit from the keystyle Now or Never 2020 tournament , so I imagine this is a must win for the competitors here. Nobody likes to lose, and losing back to back stings. I want to see some blood thirst from you gentlemen here, go for the fucking throat. I can't compliment these two dudes enough for there tenacity and ability to put forth good material every time. With that being said seeing how this is pics I'm leaning Verse here. He almost beat me, and I always respect the guy who takes me the distance in a fight. Evad I feel would probally give me the same amount of trouble in any given battle, but we havent had the opportunity yet, so I'm leaning Adverse here. Two of my new favs should be a good read.

@TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO 1-2 vs @Wanderer 1-2

For the record Top is Zuch and I dont know how @Sharp or the rest of yall feel about double dipping on battles but personally I'm not with it. Its a slippery slope that I would prefer not to go down. Wand is dope, I can't subjectively give my opinion on Top now.. I will say that Wand is still steadily improving and def deserves a legit battle this week.

@Mac 1-2 vs @Zaddy 0-3

Not a big Zelph pic battle fan thus far . I feel like he hasn’t figured out how to transfer his humor to the pic yet . Zelph is funny as hell , he needs to find the formula. Mac is a upstart who has shown flashes of some real fire. This is a close battle on paper that could go either way . I hope Zelph really starts to take battling more seriously soon, or just stops all together.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

[Sharp's Shit]

Shoutout to Hush for starting the mag. He has to go deal with lightning round bullshit in the keystyle tourney. Check out the fire and hilarity there. Appreciate all the extra input these mags have been getting so far (shouts out to Amen and Username for their contributions this season, too). I'm forgoing power ranks because this week's top 4 are pretty obviously the 4 contenders. Fuckin anyway...

[Reviews]

Neighbor vs Hush
This was a dope battle, but it was pretty one sided to me. Hush made better use of his opponent's pic than most people. Your attention was all over the place during the setups but the punches mostly landed squarely on Neighbor. Literally came at him from every angle (and that is absolutely riffing on his bukkake bar). Neighbor's verse wasn't bad at all. It started strong, but didn't hold up till the end and against a verse like Vic's, you can't really afford to let more than a bar get 'meh'

Hush
This human pez dispenser face looks like dead placenta..no need for semi spray
One punch a Knock your jaw off .. but ya neck go straight to your ears Anyway
The shape of this fags Adam’s Apple can’t be correct ...
My bars are out of this world .. u literally got a aliens face growing outa ya neck

Neighbor
You got that urban vibe, but grew up on a “different” street
He’s gotta thing Four Brothers; just lookin at ‘em, you can tell that Victor Sweet

Resin M-I-C vs Username

What a dope battle. This is the shit that could've ended the season and we got to watch it go down week 3. Resin got props in week one for having clever personals, but also taking what should be a played out angle - fat bars - and turning them into absolute gold. This verse started with just that with his Pete Rose and sinking feeling bars. User was no slouch with the fat angles either. His opener and closer were just comedy. Voters generally felt Resin had the more consistent verse and/or harder hits, but User deservedly grabbed a few votes with bars that really worked the ammo like his Lipton and Shameless bars.

Resin M-I-C
Your background? Being bullied in school is somethin this geek knows..
Fuck doors. Bro, you have trouble getting into the Hall more than Pete Rose.
Your features irk me. I’m gettin rid of this slouch fast..
i trust my intuition.. but my sinking feeling got NOTHING on the one that couch has.

UserName
This side angle is lame, you looked a lot bolder from the front
If he’s clapping ANY cheeks, it’s when they bounce off his shoulders as he runs
You posing in your home gym? C’mon Chunk, maybe the pic is bad?
Cuz I can tell that Tee’s more for Sleepytime than anything Lipton’s has

Adverse vs FGR

Probably the closest battle of the week. This one took over half of the league voting to close it and even then, it was by the slimmest of margins. These two kept it close with clever punches and arguably an equal amount of hits and misses. This is probably the most 'came down to taste' battle of the season so far, which sucks for Adverse because with a different order of votes, he would've won, but as a whole, it shows how dope it is to have two distinct writers with two distinct styles keeping it competitive. Shout outs to both of these guys, I hope they keep doing what they've been doing. Had to re-read this one twice to come to a decision and I really didn't mind - good drops from both as FGR squeaks by.

FGR
Trashed ass sneaks...replace them when you get money in your hands
I'd rather take my chances with strangers & candy then to ever step in them vans

Adverse
I can say "HA he came dressed for his own funeral!" Let the heater end this battle
But I'd rather commend him on his dope cosplay….. of Peter Griffin's shadow

Destroyer vs Wanderer

My initial reaction here was that after week two, I'm so glad Des actually made use of the Nutcracker in the pic. Wanderer basically gifted 3 bars to Zelph and Zelph did... well, his Zelph stuff. Des had the bars teed up, but damn he hit with some unexpected force. The 'nuts on tongues' bar didn't disappoint, but the shiny head bar had me double taking. Despite being a KO win, Wanderer wasn't a slouch. He combined elements of the pic with basic personals to put together some fresh 'Des is old bars', and the only person who's seen more 'Des is old bars' than me is Des himself.

Destroyer
Queers are sposed to have fashion sense. But u just come off scary
If that’s the nutcracker then that shirt makes u the sugar plum fairy
look. Just shave it all off. admit that ur hirsute days are behind u
ur friend has gemstones on his head and urs still produces the bigger shine dude

Wanderer
health problems with age? Angina’s fuckin u hard
Says ‘prepare to feel a beating’... while u the one already clutching ur heart

Zuch vs TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO

My favorite kind of battle. Short, direct, and clever. Both of these guys are funny battlers with different approaches to obvious concepts that makes for a great read. The 'fat' bars from Zuch were generally good, but reading the verse again his opener (the one time he didn't go after his weight directly) stands out more for being a break from the same angle. The fat bars themselves weren't stale, per se, but with 4 in a row it's an uphill battle to make each one hit just as (if not more) effectively. Zuch managed to do it here, though, and his waistband and cut-off bars were some of my favorites. Top is clearly a funny guy and it showed best in his David Lynch bar. My interpretation of the votes is that most people just prefer a bigger emphasis on some level of wordplay than what Top brings, which is more like observational humor. In that sense, he's starting at a disadvantage and has to hit absurdly hard to really make it work at all, let alone beat a verse as well put together as Zuch's. Seemed like Zuch's style is more voter-friendly, but this battle was still a great read.

Zuch
Who made this alias? Forget hesitating, it’s time
Just look at those genes, not even his parents would admit to creating this guy
It’s quite grim how you’re Foldin’ under pressure
That waistband is sad, clinically depressed, Fuck how does it hold it all together

TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO
Everything out of place, nigga you broke my lens
Netcee’s very own David Lynch, his features just don’t make sense

[Outro]

Yeah, this is it. Sorry if it's short, we had a miscommunication on shit. I'll make it up with more features next week. Keep up the voting, and shoutout to Hush for getting the mag started. You know the drill. Peace
Old 07-21-2020, 10:55 PM   #4
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Thank you for mag
Topical Head
Old 07-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #5
FGR
AHHHHHHH

Battle Record: 16-17

FGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant future

Cool mag guys thanks
Old 07-22-2020, 12:46 AM   #6
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Good mag guys
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
Old 07-22-2020, 03:36 AM   #7
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Dope read guys thanks
Old 07-22-2020, 05:02 AM   #8
evaD

Battle Record: 19-10

Champed
- BA Show And Prove
- Summer Classic XI

evaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant futureevaD has a brilliant future

Good work guys
Old 07-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #9
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Thank you for mag
-kungfugrip
Old 07-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #10
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Dope work . I’ll judge the roast tonight I totally forgot
Old 07-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #11
UserName
K I N G

Battle Record: 15-10

UserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant future

Dope mag, boys. If you need help next week holler.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:47 PM   #12
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

(Y)
Old 07-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #13
Resin M-I-C

Battle Record: 33-9

Champed
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught II
- Tag Team Tournament V
- 1-2 Punch Season III
- Netcees SOL
- Battle Arena
- SOL Season I
- NBL Season XIV
- Netcees Battle League

Resin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant future

great stuff gentlemen, props
Old 07-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #14
Resin M-I-C

Battle Record: 33-9

Champed
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught II
- Tag Team Tournament V
- 1-2 Punch Season III
- Netcees SOL
- Battle Arena
- SOL Season I
- NBL Season XIV
- Netcees Battle League

Resin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant future

@Sharp gotta take a break, signing out paco
Old 07-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #15
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation