Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #21
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't his decision probably
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #22
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Even if it was they are still hip hop. Mumble rap is like a genre of its own. And premier being humble and not hating isnt the same as a cosign. He has cosigned pete rocks hating on twitter, he consistently says he makes hip hop, "not faggot bitch shit" his own words lol. Him not beefing with anyone specifically changes nothing about his stance on the music

He says he listens to, shit whats them dudes names, MIGOS because he wants to hear whats relevant to the youth, but premes never switched up in regards to HIP HOP

And yea drake is huge, j cole went platinum i think too, a testament to what making lovey dovey records still holds. J cole gets my respect. Even if he makes the same song 20 times. Drakes been corny to me, but they are outside the mumble rap spectrum

The shits trash and what is relevant now. Just because a rock station in the 80s would play stevie ray vaughn or some shit it doesnt mean that fucking white snake or some shit wasnt what was more relevant

Probaly a bad analogy cuz ones the blues lol. But you get the analogy. Just because a few have success it doesnt mean the overall theme isnt shit

Sure there are good white receivers, but the majority are black and theyre ruining the game with their high thighs
Old 09-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #23
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

BAM! There it is uh-oh is mad there's not enough trash white artists around.

Word let's all go get some yelawolf
Old 09-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #24
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

To me, the most popular layer of rap has RARELY been good. Maybe in the early 2000s thanks to Jay Z / Eminem / Ludacris and in the mid-1990s because of Dr. Dre and Wu-Tang Clan. But for the most part, there's a layer of crap to cut through, whether it's MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice or D4L and Jibbs or Drake and Young Thug.

And some of even that top layer stuff is actually good. And there's a bunch of it that we like for nostalgic reasons, like early-years Cash Money. If you were 15 years older, you probably would feel about the Hot Boy$ the way you now feel about Future. I have very clear recollection of the days when New Yorkers weren't giving anyone from the South other than Scarface, UGK and OutKast the time of day. Lil Jon was once the most popular producer in the world, and while I love that shit, it's not like it's some higher form of hip hop than Metro Boomin's producing.

What I meant by that last sentence in that previous post was that you seem to have respect for or even like a whole lot of new rappers when you really put your mind to it. You just like the guys who work with Alchemist and Statik Selektah instead of the guys who work with Mike Will Made It and DJ Esco. That's more than fine. That's exactly like the days when people loved Rawkus and decried Bad Boy or the Atlanta scene as the worst thing to happen to rap.

Last edited by Certain; 09-26-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #25
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

The south was always trap never this mumble bullshit.

And word I remember dudes saying niggas from the south
Are just stupid and is why they can't write complex verses with
All the fixins lol.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #26
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Whose lyricism is better, Future or the Ying Yang Twins?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #27
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Whose lyricism is better, Future or the Ying Yang Twins?
You setting me up boy?

But I wouldn't necessarily call them lyrical but if I had to choose
I would say future

Ying yang twins have legitimate disabilities.

I forget exactly what they have. Theeres video of them speaking on it
Old 09-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #28
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

TIL THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS

but word man i hear you. i've always been biased towards production. i place a premium on it over any other aspect. if a mumble rapper could rhyme over some crazy premier beat and have it make sense i would probably love it. i've never really been a fan of the newer style of beats with the note repeat hihats (that tititititititi tuh tuh tuititit ut shit) but that said i do fuck with alot of those beats too, if the rapper can save them. the problem is though at least for my preference is we got the dumbed down beats with the dumbed down lyrics with a dumbed down presentation. lil jon and them were at least hype.

shit like this was stupid dope

the beats stupid simple, literally 2 notes on the keys in different octaves lol. but its got that lil john whistle synth thing like this track also has

which is also fucking stupiddddddddddddddddddd but slams and was the shit.

thats bangladesh on that, i thought 8ball and mjg had some lil jon shit from that era too but i can't think of it off top.

if any of that came out now i might not fuck with it. but then again i might though its hard to say lol

i can concede alot of it might just be nostalgia but alot of that top layer still seems doper to me. but i was also a teenager so i can't just put nostalgia aside

i remember coming into the first week of high school slamming this shit in a suburban with the older homies back when i was fresh uhoh and had fine ho's looking at me like wtf jimbeezy da god

and i was just like word bitch i'm high lets go to homeroom and play footsies
Old 09-26-2016, 07:13 PM   #29
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

now i'm in a loophole bro's

you weren't thuggin back in the day if you didnt have to turn your jeezy da snowman shirt inside out in school THO
Old 09-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #30
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

04-05 was the dopest shit for southern garbage lmao

mike jones was ILL.

SLIM THUGGA

LIL FLIP

ETC
Old 09-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #31
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
04-05 was the dopest shit for southern garbage lmao

mike jones was ILL.

SLIM THUGGA

LIL FLIP

ETC
But all those aren't mumble rap or southern garbage lol

So is lil flip the same as lil uzi vert?
Old 09-26-2016, 07:39 PM   #32
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

"Throw Some D's (Remix)" is probably one of the best songs ever. Well, at least Andre 3000's verse.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #33
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Geto boys my mind is playing tricks on me

Was my first taste of Hiphop.

U gonna tell me geto boys is garbage?
Old 09-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #34
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

No one said anything resembling that.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #35
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

I was referencing uh oh comments about southern garbage lol

I feel like he's including southern rap with this new age mumble bs

Or am I wrong @uh-oh
Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #36
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

No, he's talking about shit like Ying Yang Twins and Mike Jones and other garbage Southern rap from previous eras.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #37
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

yea certain followed my train of ridiculous thought

he mentioned how every era has the garbage on the top you have to dip through to get to the good stuff

the garbage on top now is mumble rap. the garbage back then was like what i was posting, but imo those ain't garbage lol, i was saying maybe its just nostalgia

but recent garbage, like im in love with the coco i thought was dope lmao. as well as that bobby shmurda shit was solid enough

so i'm thinking i still like some shit popular nonsense, but mumble rap on the whole i don't like
Old 09-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #38
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

@Diode RESPOND LIKE A MAN
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote