oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future
Default The Unsolved Riddle of Social Justice

is an excellent (and free) e-book. Here is a pseudo-review/highlight reel of it:

https://finitelifethenovel.wordpress...ocial-justice/
Old 11-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Are you a sjw oats?
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
Are you a sjw oats?
idk what that is lol
Old 11-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
idk what that is lol
Social Justice Warrior lol
Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Social Justice Warrior lol
ahh, gotcha. Umm, maybe? Being a (former) public worker makes it something I naturally think about, and being an armchair economist makes me think about it in more of a practical light than a philosophical one, though I do adhere to a distinct ideological belief that the State exists to protect its people, much in the way that the people are obliged to protect their country. At least in a developed nation like the US is.

this post, in case you didn't read it, was more of a "review" of a century old essay that's currently a free ebook. By review I mean I copy/pasted several quotes from it. I thought it was a prescient piece of writing by an unheralded thinker. He touches on a lot of shit that I've thought about and written about, which was a validating experience for me. Overall, I just think it's a good book, and since it's free (and short), I think people should read it.

does that answer your question lol
Old 11-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #6
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
ahh, gotcha. Umm, maybe? Being a (former) public worker makes it something I naturally think about, and being an armchair economist makes me think about it in more of a practical light than a philosophical one, though I do adhere to a distinct ideological belief that the State exists to protect its people, much in the way that the people are obliged to protect their country. At least in a developed nation like the US is.

this post, in case you didn't read it, was more of a "review" of a century old essay that's currently a free ebook. By review I mean I copy/pasted several quotes from it. I thought it was a prescient piece of writing by an unheralded thinker. He touches on a lot of shit that I've thought about and written about, which was a validating experience for me. Overall, I just think it's a good book, and since it's free (and short), I think people should read it.

does that answer your question lol

Yea I read it , but a lot of social justice people are taking aim at video games, and sexism and etc .
Old 11-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

I can't say that's an area I'm really knowledgable or familiar with. I'd imagine that the video game industry is primarily male, but that doesn't necessitate any injustice going on. I'm more concerned with deeper pillars of society, how labor is organized and what roles government should and should not play. I tried playing my DS the other day and my charger is broken I think, so that's about as far as I go when it comes to video games lol.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #8
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
I can't say that's an area I'm really knowledgable or familiar with. I'd imagine that the video game industry is primarily male, but that doesn't necessitate any injustice going on. I'm more concerned with deeper pillars of society, how labor is organized and what roles government should and should not play. I tried playing my DS the other day and my charger is broken I think, so that's about as far as I go when it comes to video games lol.
Yeah but Social Justice is trying to take it because it surprassed movies as the biggest entertainment area there is money wise. So a bunch of big social justice people from major news publications to news channels to twittards have taken to call gaming misogynistic and this n that n this n that.

there taking aim at my SHIT
Old 11-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Yeah but Social Justice is trying to take it because it surprassed movies as the biggest entertainment area there is money wise. So a bunch of big social justice people from major news publications to news channels to twittards have taken to call gaming misogynistic and this n that n this n that.

there taking aim at my SHIT
I think everyone is down for "social justice" in the sense that everyone gets treated fairly - meaning women don't get preferential treatment OR excluded out the gate because they're women. So I can understand where you're coming from if the reaction turns into females getting opportunities that aren't warranted by their talents.

On the other hand, I hold empathy as the pinnacle of an enlightened person, so it's worth reflecting on what it would be like to be a woman trying to break into a male-dominated arena. Would you be able to be as involved as you are now if you were a woman? I honestly don't know the answer, just posing the question because I think it's worth considering.

The Declaration of the Rights of Man, a document that resulted from the French Revolution, said it best (paraphrased): There should be no artificial inequality beyond a man's natural talent. Not everyone is equal, some are more talented than others, and should thusly be rewarded for it. However, the history of humankind has shown that inequalities are often perpetuated outside of merits, based on projected differences (race, gender, religious beliefs, etc). I can't understand anyone who genuinely thinks that's an acceptable practice.

Again, I'm not saying any of this applies to the gaming industry, just throwing it out there. You will never be worse off for considering the alternative perspective.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
I think everyone is down for "social justice" in the sense that everyone gets treated fairly - meaning women don't get preferential treatment OR excluded out the gate because they're women. So I can understand where you're coming from if the reaction turns into females getting opportunities that aren't warranted by their talents.

On the other hand, I hold empathy as the pinnacle of an enlightened person, so it's worth reflecting on what it would be like to be a woman trying to break into a male-dominated arena. Would you be able to be as involved as you are now if you were a woman? I honestly don't know the answer, just posing the question because I think it's worth considering.

The Declaration of the Rights of Man, a document that resulted from the French Revolution, said it best (paraphrased): There should be no artificial inequality beyond a man's natural talent. Not everyone is equal, some are more talented than others, and should thusly be rewarded for it. However, the history of humankind has shown that inequalities are often perpetuated outside of merits, based on projected differences (race, gender, religious beliefs, etc). I can't understand anyone who genuinely thinks that's an acceptable practice.

Again, I'm not saying any of this applies to the gaming industry, just throwing it out there. You will never be worse off for considering the alternative perspective.
Yeah I know its harder for them especially in this industry, But they are tacxkling that which I am all for, Hell I am down to make it more diverse as we could have a slew of different and cool games. but they are also trying to condemn games who use women as tropes and who use male lead characters. my thing is its your story. no one has the right to control artistic thought yet they are pressing hard to do so. and as I said it is reaching big levels in the media. from cnn, fox news, the ny times etc.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

I'll look into it. I agree with you - if you create a game, it's your call. If you want to portray men a certain way and women a certain way, go for it. But a game that uses a female protagonist and portrays men negatively should get an equal push from the company, provided it's of a similar quality. But yeah, I'll check it out, hit me with any links if you have some off the top.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
I'll look into it. I agree with you - if you create a game, it's your call. If you want to portray men a certain way and women a certain way, go for it. But a game that uses a female protagonist and portrays men negatively should get an equal push from the company, provided it's of a similar quality. But yeah, I'll check it out, hit me with any links if you have some off the top.
Yeah see that's what I say bro, but there not doing that. there calling it white cis male privilege which I don't even know wtf CIS means.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #13
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Battle Record: 9-4

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future

There is a huge, sweeping movement to inject social justice into the gaming industry and it makes me sick. If I'm a white male heterosexual game designer and I don't want a native american transgender lesbian as the main protagonist, who are you to tell me that I'm being sexist, racist, or discriminating based on gender and sexuality? I mean who is stopping these ppl from creating their own games and letting the free market decide whether they have a demographic or not?
BROKE LESNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #14
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKE LESNAR View Post
There is a huge, sweeping movement to inject social justice into the gaming industry and it makes me sick. If I'm a white male heterosexual game designer and I don't want a native american transgender lesbian as the main protagonist, who are you to tell me that I'm being sexist, racist, or discriminating based on gender? I mean who is stopping these ppl from creating their own games and letting the free market decide whether they have a demographic or not?
Thats what ims aying, so you see how bad it has gotten? the shit is insane bro big media places have picked up on it as well. shit is looking bad for gaming
Old 11-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #15
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thats what ims aying, so you see how bad it has gotten? the shit is insane bro big media places have picked up on it as well. shit is looking bad for gaming
Breitbart has been following it closely for a while. They're fighting it hard. I haven't seen anything ab it on FOX News and I watch them basically 24 hrs a day with alot of shows on DVR. Outside of the gaming industry, Breitbart's the only news source I've seen giving pushback.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #16
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKE LESNAR View Post
Breitbart has been following it closely for a while. They're fighting it hard. I haven't seen anything ab it on FOX News and I watch them basically 24 hrs a day with alot of shows on DVR. Outside of the gaming industry, Breitbart's the only news source I've seen giving pushback.
Fucking Milo from brietbart? Yeah he goes in lol he fights for "gamergate" people lol I didn't know you paid attention to that shit.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #17
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Fucking Milo from brietbart? Yeah he goes in lol he fights for "gamergate" people lol I didn't know you paid attention to that shit.
Yeah, Gamergate. Haha, Milo is who I was referring to. Yeah, The Blaze and Breitbart are my 2 favorite news sites. Drudge Report too but they just compile links from various sites. Breitbart covers alot of ground. I listen to them on Sirius XM, too. They have a bloc of programming every Sunday on Patriot XM that Stephen K Bannon hosts.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #18
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

I haven't read a lot in this thread, but @oats... Do NOT call yourself a social justice warrior, at least not on the internet. The stuff people associate with SJW's are degenerates that thinks they're vampires and unicorns in real life that needs their rights for being what they think they are protected from cisgendered people and white males.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 11-12-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #19
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

@Objective I had a hard time making sense of what you said, but I think I got the jist of it lol. I don't consider myself an SJW, just a reasonable person. I can understand the negative connotations, though.

Funny cuz the guy who wrote the essay that I wrote about (and used the title of for my blog post) is as capitalist as they come, we've just strayed so far from what proper economics should look like that the simple utterance of "social justice" begs irresponsible labeling and disregard. The most hardened of Austrian/libertarian economists (Von Mises, Hayek, Friedman) wrote about the social responsibility of private enterprises and capitalist systems, even proposing guaranteed incomes for the poor (!). But their words have been severely diluted by polemic bullshit nowadays it's difficult to wade through the marshes of stupidity.

I FIGHT ONE BLOG POST AT A TIME.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #20
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
@Objective I had a hard time making sense of what you said, but I think I got the jist of it lol. I don't consider myself an SJW, just a reasonable person. I can understand the negative connotations, though.

Funny cuz the guy who wrote the essay that I wrote about (and used the title of for my blog post) is as capitalist as they come, we've just strayed so far from what proper economics should look like that the simple utterance of "social justice" begs irresponsible labeling and disregard. The most hardened of Austrian/libertarian economists (Von Mises, Hayek, Friedman) wrote about the social responsibility of private enterprises and capitalist systems, even proposing guaranteed incomes for the poor (!). But their words have been severely diluted by polemic bullshit nowadays it's difficult to wade through the marshes of stupidity.

I FIGHT ONE BLOG POST AT A TIME.
Hayek's Road To Serfdom is one of my favorite books. One of many in my collection.

Tags
chad peavy stoner shaggy, fucking marxists, heather & skye scissoring, pinko commie scum