Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
Masaii

Default Witt what is your opinion on...

De-extinction? Scientists are able to bring currently extinct animals back to life using their DNA and a close living relative. Example: using DNA from a wooly mamoth skeleton and using an elephant to birth the wooly mamoth (being its closest living relative).

See this link for more info and animal candidates:
http://longnow.org/revive/
@Witty

Last edited by Masaii; 03-16-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:03 AM   #2
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I say yes and then we can kill all the elephants because Mammoths are just a better version of Elephants.

I also say bring back dinosaurs, there aren't enough giant reptiles these days.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

It is fascinating though, to think we can bring back animals that don't exist anymore, I'm not sure what the practical use would be, but it would be a pretty cool thing to see, I think it's still something that is in the future, it's still some time from being reality, or being a possible reality at least because they might never actually do it.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:27 AM   #4
Masaii

They did it with a mountain goat or something similar recently, it died on birth but it was still considered a success cause they birthed an extinct animal so its not really that far off tbh
Old 03-16-2014, 02:30 AM   #5
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

A mammoth tho.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 AM   #6
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:54 AM   #7
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Old 03-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #8
Sicc

They are working on trying to bring back a dino.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

why would we kill off elephants witty?????

theyre majestic beasts, way better than dumbass mammoths

do you think a bunch of native americans could run hundreds of elephants off a cliff? NAH they ain't having that. they'd go to war like HANNIBAL and fucking run RAMPANT through those stone age idiots

but dumbass mammoths used to do it all the time and they're like twice the size

but now that i think about it, if they're even half as intelligent as a modern elephant, there size mixed with there fur would make them deadly as fuck. modern elephants would take HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of arrows, let alone javelins and spears before dying in battle. give them crazy WOOLY fur and its like extra armor.

just imagine for a second you and 79 other men in a roman century, all lined up shield to shield, to the right of your group is another century of 80 men, to the left is another and so on and so forth. but you got a fucking WAR ELEPHANT bearing down on your position, with a box on top of it with 3 of the greatest bowmen in the known world picking targets as fast as they can pull and shoot. meanwhile you got 3 javelins to throw, and a short sword and a shield. if you are rich you maybe got a helm, you might have some chainmail. and you got MANSANDALS

imagine how terrifying it would be trying to kill that elephant when one of your javelins is sticking out of each shoulder, one BOUNCED off of its skull and its 10 feet and closing and your left with your giant shield and a short sword, and the centurion commanding your unit tells you TO HOLD POSITION!!!!!!!!

THUNDER. DEATH
Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #10
Sicc

Science has proven that Elephants are in fact bright animals. They are 1 of the closest too us humans, when it comes to emotion. They are passionate creatures and love their own/family/pride. When one of their own die, they morn just as we would.

Elephants > Mammoth
Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

This is the end of man... Man becomes to smart and too cocky and ends up creating something that will help spread disease and kill humans in mass without regret

Their dead for a reason, evolution happened for a reason

Never wake the dead

Next they will he reproducing loved ones whom are empty and soulless inside
Frank Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Sicc

Zombie Apocalypse.

Imagine that... Real life walking dead.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Mammoths have fur and Massive tusks.

Idgaf which is smarter, I don't need animals to be smart, I need them to be cool to look at on tv when I'm high.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #14
SiK
Sergeant Slaughter

Battle Record: 13-4

SiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to SiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pancake View Post
if we brought back black people with power ^^ we can do anything
SiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
This is the end of man... Man becomes to smart and too cocky and ends up creating something that will help spread disease and kill humans in mass without regret

Their dead for a reason, evolution happened for a reason

Never wake the dead

Next they will he reproducing loved ones whom are empty and soulless inside
They aren't really dead for a reason tho, they're just dead because they aren't alive anymore.

Nature has no divine plan, shit just happens.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #16
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Did you know a species becomes extinct roughly every 20 minutes.

We only care about the ones that look appealing to us.

I approve of this.

Apart from the Panda, we need to let the fucking Panda die, it doesn't want to be alive.

If all an animal has to do is fuck to ensure survival, and that animal will not fuck even though we BRING IT OTHER PANDAS TO FUCK then that animal has given up on life and it needs to be allowed to die.

Last edited by Witty; 03-16-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #17
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
They aren't really dead for a reason tho, they're just dead because they aren't alive anymore.

Nature has no divine plan, shit just happens.
This is opinion

Just like mine is

We dont know for sure

But I can tell you we wouldn't be living like we are today if dinosaurs were alive

We might not be alive at all

This isn't the flintstone or the croods if those beast were to adapt and begin to reproduce like a common animal of today then this conversation wouldn't of happened
Frank Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #18
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
This is opinion

Just like mine is

We dont know for sure

But I can tell you we wouldn't be living like we are today if dinosaurs were alive

We might not be alive at all

This isn't the flintstone or the croods if those beast were to adapt and begin to reproduce like a common animal of today then this conversation wouldn't of happened
To your first point, fair enough.

To your second point, that's why I said about the practical uses for doing this, I don't think it would be a good idea to actually reintroduce them to the world, but just bring one back so I can look at it and say 'Hey, cool'

Old 03-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

YO

dinosaurs couldnt live today even if we brought one back, if they didnt die out from an asteroid, ALLEGEDLY, they would have shrunk along with the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. the reason shit was so big is because the world had like 30x the oxygen

so basically what im getting at is killing a tiger would be more dangerous than taking on some stupid ass t-rex, it would basically be an ostrich with teeth

also

us bringing extinct species back is completely natural, because humans are natural beings, therefore anything we create is natural. i went over this on here before im pretty sure.

but we humans put ourselves on pedestals because i can get stoned make a ham and egg sandwich and get on the internet. but all of it is natural.

let nature take its course
Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #20
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
YO

dinosaurs couldnt live today even if we brought one back, if they didnt die out from an asteroid, ALLEGEDLY, they would have shrunk along with the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. the reason shit was so big is because the world had like 30x the oxygen

so basically what im getting at is killing a tiger would be more dangerous than taking on some stupid ass t-rex, it would basically be an ostrich with teeth

also

us bringing extinct species back is completely natural, because humans are natural beings, therefore anything we create is natural. i went over this on here before im pretty sure.

but we humans put ourselves on pedestals because i can get stoned make a ham and egg sandwich and get on the internet. but all of it is natural.

let nature take its course
This is what I'm saying, people seem to separate Humans from Nature...which is dumb, we are part of nature, everything is nature. We do things like this because it is in our nature, I don't even understand when people say something is against nature...I don't know what that means. Nature just happens, it doesn't have morals, it just is.