Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Writing Challenge League
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #161
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #162
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #163
Rawn M.D.

@Split Eight I think by now I've seen the majority... But still there's only so m any of us that did n the majority voted already... So if it's cleaned n deleted what harm is th ere for prospective voters?

Nd before u respond remember who macnazi is...

And @Gazette stop pickin a fight Bro..
I'm trying to help u out n the league too
he doesn't need ur support

Last edited by Rawn M.D.; 08-02-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #164
Gazette

Battle Record: 2-3

Gazette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
Maybe you should reevaluate what you are doing with your life.

yeah you're right. half an hours beef on a rap forum has completely realigned my values, not only as a battler, but as a person
Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #165
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

If standards and rules are never enforced, why should anyone follow them?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #166
Gazette

oh, bringing out the pics now. what was that you were saying about me being 'unprofessional?' ... desperate to win a stupid internet argument much?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #167
Gazette

yuuuuu guys. you funny. i'll brb, needa go re-evaluate my life as per mateys wisdom
Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #168
Rawn M.D.

Alright ill stop now.. I tried.

Still Gazette Idc if u vote on my match considering both me n serpent voted against u I think ull cast a fair vote regardless.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #169
Gazette

Split-Eight. I genuinely had to scroll up for your name, that's how much you're bothering me
Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #170
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Rawn. I know what you're saying. I have a history of apparently unfairly DQing people now. But no. If you're actively creating an unfair advantage and refusing to stop, then battle over... Especially when he's posting 3x in a row saying he's not gonna stop, just DQ him, trying to beef with CS in thread..

This isn't personal at all. I don't have any opinion towards anyone, except maybe Gamble. Dude is freaking out.

What do you want me to do? Leave it open? Let it collect 8x pages of freeposts? That just makes the league look bad. Idk I'm trying to help MW and Zygote run this league, by just moderating when they are not around. It seems like the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazette View Post
yeah you're right. half an hours beef on a rap forum has completely realigned my values, not only as a battler, but as a person
I mean. Why are you competitively writing if you don't care about winning? You were taking criticism pretty personally out there.

You attempt to make a mockery of the sport, therefore making a mockery of yourself. G'day

Last edited by Split; 08-02-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #171
Gazette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn M.D. View Post
Alright ill stop now.. I tried.

Still Gazette Idc if u vote on my match considering both me n serpent voted against u I think ull really cast a fair vote regardless.

yh course i will man, i aint petty, i'll check it out in a bit
Old 08-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #172
Rawn M.D.

@Split Eight Lol I wasn't referring to ur history dqs lol I kinda forgot till now in fact but.. I've abandoned d the thought at this point bc he's like asking g for it...

But Srsly if u want to question a vote or reasoning PM it its not hard
Moreover, although battling this isn't battling like it's not an insult contest
there's nothing wrong with being competitive or feeling passionate about ur writing, but in this type of arena it's more expanding ur skills set than anything else, so critique should b encouraged @Gazette
hence the league being called 'challenge' just imo but I think it's logical

Old 08-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #173
Gazette

Quote:

I mean. Why are you competitively writing if you don't care about winning? You were taking criticism pretty personally out there.

You attempt to make a mockery of the sport, therefore making a mockery of yourself. G'day
say what? i wasn't aware that beefing w/ some gormless asshole on the internet was classed as 'competitive writing' ... that's what you were replying to - but as for my battling, well, I never said I don't care, in fact, I made a post you promptly deleted about it (which you obviously didn't read) - I said it's annoying when u take the time write a verse, only to get misunderstood or criticized for things that aren't actually in there

Ring a bell? C'mon man, i got voted against for having a 'bad twist' (there was no twist) - and for 'randomly capitalizing letters' (each cap was the start of a multie) and for having only 'the seeds of ideas' (a non-linear narrative split between three conflicting characters, all borne from the word 'Frotterurism')... fuck that, i thought long and hard about my approach. Are you honestly gonna stand there and tell me that if that was your verse, you wouldn't speak up? Honest question. Gotta have a bit of self-respect man

I wouldn't mind taking the L, Ive had plenty and i lost count of my W's / L's years ago, that's just air to me, but it does annoys the fuck outta me when i know ive done a good bit of writing, and I get criticized on totally unfair terms by some jumped up little shit who thinks he can teach me a lesson. "I didn't like the Twist" - "I hate ..., no, i HATE how you capitalize some letters" ... the fuck kinda opinion is that? I lost a battle cus some of the letters I wrote were digitally a bit bigger than my opponents? Yeah, the stupidity IS annoying

Last edited by Gazette; 08-02-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #174
Rawn M.D.

I would have pmd or waited tbh

by lashing out nothing good ever comes of it

Old 08-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #175
Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazette View Post
say what? i wasn't aware that beefing w/ some gormless asshole on the internet was classed as 'competitive writing' ... that's what you were replying to - but as for my battling, well, I never said I don't care, in fact, I made a post you promptly deleted about it (which you obviously didn't read) - I said it's annoying when u take the time write a verse, only to get misunderstood or criticized for things that aren't actually in there

Ring a bell? C'mon man, i got voted against for having a 'bad twist' (there was no twist) - and for 'randomly capitalizing letters' (each cap was the start of a multie) and for having only 'the seeds of ideas' (a non-linear narrative split between three conflicting characters, all borne from the word 'Frotterurism')... fuck that, i thought long and hard about my approach. Are you honestly gonna stand there and tell me that if that was your verse, you wouldn't speak up? Honest question. Gotta have a bit of self-respect man
I wouldn't do so in a battle thread, no. And you aren't allowed to try and explain your writing to voters, that defeats the point of writing in the first place. Especially when Pent uP can't do the same thing.

I'm sure you did take a lot of time. But the fact remains that you can't change your audience, just your approach. Which is why you should appreciate the voters.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #176
Rawn M.D.

Yes.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #177
Gazette

Quote:
I wouldn't do so in a battle thread, no. And you aren't allowed to try and explain your writing to voters, that defeats the point of writing in the first place. Especially when Pent uP can't do the same thing.

I'm sure you did take a lot of time. But the fact remains that you can't change your audience, just your approach. Which is why you should appreciate the voters.

nah, you can't ask anyone to appreciate an unfair opinion of you, that's tantamount to asking someone to bend over and smile, it's just unrealistic. you can try to uphold the idealization of it (Every vote is educated and fair yeah?) but if that wasn't a moot endeavor, there would be no need for mods like yourself, would there?

Fact is, people care about what they do, and when they expose what they do to people who may not care (ie - battling / voting) you're gonna get friction.

My opinion is that mods should stop being so passively chauvinistic about the sites they take care of, and actually uphold and encourage a stance against questionable votes. why bother to blindly and deafly keep afloat a site when its integrity depends on its users longterm satisfaction? there's no sense in that, use your melon bro. When did the right to vote become synonymous with a good or valid vote? No. Stupidity.

Last edited by Gazette; 08-02-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 AM   #178
Split

Quote:
I wouldn't mind taking the L, Ive had plenty and i lost count of my W's / L's years ago, that's just air to me, but it does annoys the fuck outta me when i know ive done a good bit of writing, and I get criticized on totally unfair terms by some jumped up little shit who thinks he can teach me a lesson. "I didn't like the Twist" - "I hate ..., no, i HATE how you capitalize some letters" ... the fuck kinda opinion is that? I lost a battle cus some of the letters I wrote were digitally a bit bigger than my opponents? Yeah, the stupidity IS annoying
Pancake didnt base his vote on your capitalization. He wanted a rise out of you, got one and left. He and CS are competent voters and writers.

Quote:
nah, you can't ask anyone to appreciate an unfair opinion of you, that's unrealistic. you can try to uphold the idealization of it, but if that wasn't a moot endeavor, there would be no need for mods like yourself, would there?

Fact is, people care about what they do, and when they expose what they do to people who may not care (ie - battling / voting) you're gonna get friction.

My opinion is that mods should stop being so passively chauvinistic about the sites they take care of, and actually uphold and encourage a stance against questionable votes. why bother to blindly and deafly keep afloat a site when its integrity depends on its users longterm satisfaction?
So you pass final judgement on other people's opinions of you? Sounds open-minded.

You don't know what a questionable vote is. Votes are subjective. And this isn't your site, or your league, so cool. I'm just enforcing rules to the extent that I think mods would want. You went above and beyond retardedly immature and unsportsmanlike.

Thanks for wasting two hours of my time. Don't do that shit while people are actively voting. I don't think you proved your self-righteous point, either.

From now on, battle threads will be dealt with at the discretion of the two head moderators.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #179
Rawn M.D.

@Gazette in defense of those who voted on ur battle (me being one) with the exception of pancakes capital comment (and he does the same sht about centered verses tbh) all the votes had valid reasoning. Anytime a voter puts enough time to read ur verse, identify and process it, and leave an in depth (not like a sentence) reply it's valid. Just bc u don't agree w it does not make it invalid as a vote, but may make it as invalid critique to the writer... But that is why multiple people vote..
And it's a vote between 2 ppl, while advice/critique is geared toward the individual.. All those votes Consisted of both critique and a vote.
. Making them more than valid... Moreover all the ppl who voted on that match are good writers, not just ppl who suck giving bs reasoning that they hold high bc they suck. U were actually kinda lucky w ur voting turn out, whether u appreciate it or not (n I'm not saying anyone in this league is in the latter of those situations either) @Gazette

Last edited by Rawn M.D.; 08-02-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #180
Gazette

Quote:
Pancake didnt base his vote on your capitalization. He wanted a rise out of you, got one and left. He and CS are competent voters and writers.

Look man, i'm way past caring about that battle, but the capitalization WAS given as a reason ... either way, how is "He wanted a rise out of you, got one and left" meant to give me any faith or satisfaction in the vote?? You're pretty much stating my case for me there, wtf

So you pass final judgement on other people's opinions of you? Sounds open-minded.

It wouldn't be open minded if I actually did pass "final Judgement" - but that's just a phrase you've used for ur own purposes, I'm evidently perfectly willing to discuss, I'm doing it right now.

You don't know what a questionable vote is. Votes are subjective. And this isn't your site, or your league, so cool. I'm just enforcing rules to the extent that I think mods would want. You went above and beyond retardedly immature and unsportsmanlike.

No, you're absolutely wrong, if votes are valid in their subjectivity alone, there would be no need whatsoever for moderation ... because anyone's say would count - kind of a no-brainer ... moderation is supposed to be the interjection of fairness, and that in itself is subjective, so all I did was appeal to whatever fairness was supposed to preside, and all you did was flatly deny that appeal, in a rather mindless - even Fascist manner. Seriously, think back to what happened and tell me I'm wrong.

Thanks for wasting two hours of my time. Don't do that shit while people are actively voting. I don't think you proved your self-righteous point, either.

Nobody forced you to take 2 hours replying to me, that was your choice. What, you had to click like 5 boxes to delete my posts, that was all of 30 seconds worth, the rest of your interaction with me was voluntary mate, don't be stupid, if ur taking time to reply to me its on you. I aint gonna stop doin what i'm doin just because youre choosing to spend your apparently valuable time on it

From now on, battle threads will be dealt with at the discretion of the two head moderators.
Sieg Heil! lol, you're kinda sad ya know

Last edited by Gazette; 08-02-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Closed Thread