User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future
Post 2 on 2 Tournament / Battle Arena Tourney Magazine

Intro

Welcome back to the livest battle grounds on the entire inter web my niggas. I been really proud of the progress we have been making week after week so before I even go further I just want to Salute each and every one of ya'll for putting that work in to make this place the most competitive and fun place for txt battles, period. The level of verses has been on the up and up, and voting has also been on a incline which is a good look. We have ALOT of shit going on around the site right now, and I know its easy to get lost in all the commotion, so just be mindful to read and comment on AS MANY battles as possible, because at the end of the day thats the reason we all come here. I decided to do both the Battle Arena Tournament Magazine and 2 on 2 Magazine in one here, to safe time and also get the most looks for every match up possible. Also keep your eye out for the 1-2 punch and NBL Playoffs both currently underway. Also, I want to remind ya'll that the Summer Classic which is the biggest and most prestigious tournament of the year will be popping off at the end of the 2 on 2 tournament and usually is the most competitive one we have here. So stick around and prepare for that my niggas. Again, I want to remind ya'll.. don't hesitate to hit my PM inbox regarding ANYTHING txt wise on the site. This can go from feedback, to a question, to needing help finding a battle, or even for a open mic collaboration. Ima jump right into reviews/previews ect because I know half of you only open these mags to read about yourself.

Vote for Voting or the Sway Zone
As I was working on the mag I see a lot of static popping up around the sites in regards to voting, I find this abit ridiculous tbh, especially with the shallow pool of voters we are currently dealing with. I notice two main problems, 1. haters 2. swaying. I will address both here one time only and leave it at that. First lets start with everyones favorite "dickriders" and "haters". First off I despise the term dickriding, its the most disrespectful shit you can say to another man, and shit is just lame to me. I tie dickriding in with hating because to me its the same shit. When someone digs ur style, and is a fan of yours they are automatically "dickriding" by the NC rule book section 44. Section 44b also clearly states that if someone thinks your wack they must be "hating". It obviously is totally outside the realm of possibility that there is anyone in this world who just does not find you special or talented. It's just like all those hot girls who wouldn't give you there number right? Obvious lesbian dyke whores amirite? Anyway. I am/was the most hated person if not ever, then in a VERY LONG LONG TIME on this site. During this hated period I made my mark as one of the best of this era if not ever. Whatever, that dont matter.. point is I've done more to garner hate than anyone of you current active battlers. I never once cried or tried to DQ votes, its just not in my makeup to do that. Especially when I can realize that there are ppl in this world who will not enjoy what I do. People alive do not enjoy Shakespeare, Plato, and Van Gogh. They aren't haters I assure you, this is called preference of taste. If you thought the Avengers movie was wack your not a hater, you have a different opinion and I think thats a good thing. My fav thing about battle rap is the DEBATE. All this crying about voting is only going to bring LESS votes. For and against you both you will have less votes. This will hurt the battle scene as a whole and it is not something I will stand by and allow to happen. BUT this is NOT a Monarchy and I am willing to hear any and all opinions on this so we can reach a point where MOST if not everyone is happy, or at least at a understanding as grown as men. I can never punish the people voting against you if I dont punish those voting for you as well. It's retarded.

Battle Arena Tournament Battle Reviews/Previews

Reviews

Cred vs Destroyer
This battle, like many this week was really competitive and really fucking dope. Both these dudes came with the exact sort of bars they are known for, and neither one did anything to dissapoint imho. The battle actually went back and forth for awhile which shows that the voters were feeling both of these dudes this week, and the drops were def on point. Des had a dope ass closer with the ending ur verses with a Amen line and still not having a prayer, that shit was crazy to me. Cred had his normal gritty gutter shit and blew the roof off with that maid man/clean house line. This shit was a slugfest and after I had to leave the battles open for extra time Cred pulled it out in the end. I actually thought Des won by a hair, but I was leaning to Cred alot. This was legit a battle I didn't want to vote on, but did because it took damn near every active voter on the site to decide this shit. No one should be ashamed with the outcome of this cuz to me there was no loser here. Wish both could have advance but thats not how it works so Cred made his way towards the next round.

Witty vs Remy LeBeau

Remy hit me up out of nowhere this week wanting his name changed to Useless. LOL RANDOM. Anyway there is already a account by that name here and I honestly think that name is a down grade from Remy, which is saying alot lol. Be Gambit if you feel you want a change imo. Onto to the battle.. Witty had a great opp with the angle on how Remy been bigging him up this whole tourney, I think he kinda botched his ammo and really didn't come thru on it how he could. He had a sick ass REM sleep line but everything else was kinda light to me. Rem had a stronger verse than last round and had some personals of his own to fight back against what I assume he knew would be a personal attack on him by Wit. This like, most battles this round was a nail biter with voters going back and forth on who they thought had the stronger lines. Personally I think the people who leaned towards Remy including me, felt he was just a bit more witty and creative with his punches while somehow being equally personal. Dope battle, but Remy caught the W.

Unfukwitable vs Bags
This battle was equally close as the prior two even if the votes didn't convey it as much. Even tho Bags has been struggling with concept choice and wording his humor and sting is as strong as ever and it showed in this battle. His opener and closer were both fairly strong but I felt the bars suffered in the mid section of his verse, with only the BARAKA bar being up to his old level of quality. Unfuk was abit more clever and had a tad more consistency in the verse as a whole. The suicide drill and swear jar lines were equal to Bags strongest two and it seemed the difference came down to the unquotable bars. Bags did make a 3 vote rally at one point, but it wasn't enough to conquer Unfuk who ran off with the win and moves on to the Semi Finals. Oh almost forgot, shoutout to that Baraka bar.

Bust vs Lotto Smirk
Out of all the battles this week this one flew under the radar abit, but I don't think it was for lack of quality bars. I think the votes just came in quicker than the other battles so it was closed earlier and some ppl may have missed the opportunity for a good read. Bust took it comfortable but it wasn't a bodybag or shutout by any means. Smirk wasn't as strong as he has been in past weeks tho and Bust took advantage of that by staying as consistent as he ever does. Bust was more direct and sometimes the straight forward style can take you along way with the right wording. Bust advances.

Previews

Cred vs Bust
This is a intriguing match up for me because both these dudes have similarities in how they aproach this battle shit. I expect both to bring down to earth relate able bars, no reaches, no forces just talking that shit. Both are strong ass up and comers and I absolutely LOVE how they put together they text verses. They got that URL esque it could work out loud punches that I really feel are the strongest when done correctly. Bust may have a bit more to prove than Cred, but sometimes than can be a strength in this kind of battle, being the unknown lends itself a element of surprise. This is going to come down to who can connect more to the reader without alienating anyone who don't dig those "kind of bars". It will also be interesting to see how the winner of this goes into the next round and how they deal with late round tournament fatigue.

Unfukwitable vs Remy LeBeau
This battle is exciting to me because its my opinion that neither of these battlers has peaked yet. Both are still finding there footing as top level contendors and it seems they manage to improve week in and week out. I expect Unfuk to bring the wordplay, where Remy will try to bring something a bit more personal and humorous. The key to victory here might be who can step out of there comfort zone and bring the more varied attack. Or if you are going to stay in your bag you better do it to a A1 level. Whoever has the weakest line here will most likely take the L. This is a no slacking battle, every bar is going to count and the winner of this one can very easily be walking into the finals as the favourite.

Tags
call for karaoke on line 1, it's knuck begn 4 his life