Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #101
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERITAS View Post
answer the question:

Where did man come from?

and I can combat all those "peking man etc" that they were hoaxes. just saying.
Quote:
Current data suggest that modern humans evolved from archaic humans primarily in East Africa. A 195,000 year old fossil from the Omo 1 site in Ethiopia shows the beginnings of the skull changes that we associate with modern people
Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #102
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

yeah I saw that Diode. I asked....where did that come from? what did it evolve from?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #103
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
answer the question:

Where did man come from?

and I can combat all those "peking man etc" that they were hoaxes. just saying.
Quote:
Current data suggest that modern humans evolved from archaic humans primarily in East Africa. A 195,000 year old fossil from the Omo 1 site in Ethiopia shows the beginnings of the skull changes that we associate with modern people
Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #104
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

fuck VERITAS...
where did God come from?
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #105
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
fuck VERITAS...
where did God come from?
NOW WE ARE GETTING TO THE ROOT OF THE MATTER!

FINALLY A DECENT QUESTION!

AND A BRICK WALL! WELL DONE.

I know he didnt evolve from something less than him over an undicsclosed amount of time....because he is outside of time. fair?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #106
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
NOW WE ARE GETTING TO THE ROOT OF THE MATTER!

FINALLY A DECENT QUESTION!

AND A BRICK WALL! WELL DONE.

I know he didnt evolve from something less than him over an undicsclosed amount of time....because he is outside of time. fair?
WRONG.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/faq/firstcause.htm

http://www.skeptical-science.com/ath...king-argument/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_first_cause

Old 10-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #107
veritas
HALL OF FAME

lolzord this dude is quoting hume. I have heard of this before and I simply counter it by:

What is the universe expanding into?

You fail when you try to limit God. That is why it is a brick wall. We cannot comprehend the infinite of time and space. Just because a being could be a priori and this universe can't doesnt mean that that being couldnt exist.

marinate.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #108
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
I honestly do not know. I know that they are both dogs so if enough of them banged they might make babies that were like a hybrid of both. akso, if mexico suddenly developed an artic climate they might adapt and start growing hair and maybe growing in time. fair?

Where did the single cell organism come from?

Yes, fair. Thx.

I'm not sure where single cell organisms came from. I know that the scientific explanation is called the theory of abiogenesis and I believe there is much evidence for it, though I've not personally looked into it or it's arguments terribly much. As such, although I believe it to be probably correct, I'm not as adverse to the "god did it" explanation as I am for evolution. In this, you are right - it is a matter of faith. I have faith in the scientific explanation over the biblical one because in every matter where there is a conflict between the two where I do know about each side's argument (including the theory of evolution), I've sided with the scientific explanation.

For a third generation of mankind to come about, I.e. after Adam and Eve and their children, was there incest or did god make more ppl after the first 2?
Old 10-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #109
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Yes, fair. Thx.

I'm not sure where single cell organisms came from. I know that the scientific explanation is called the theory of abiogenesis and I believe there is much evidence for it, though I've not personally looked into it or it's arguments terribly much. As such, although I believe it to be probably correct, I'm not as adverse to the "god did it" explanation as I am for evolution. In this, you are right - it is a matter of faith. I have faith in the scientific explanation over the biblical one because in every matter where there is a conflict between the two where I do know about each side's argument (including the theory of evolution), I've sided with the scientific explanation.

For a third generation of mankind to come about, I.e. after Adam and Eve and their children, was there incest or did god make more ppl after the first 2?

fair?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #110
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

im too high to jump in this convo without typing novels. i've deleted two already.

main points you wouldve gleamed tho

1. i'm right
2. you're all idiots
Old 10-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #111
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
im too high to jump in this convo without typing novels. i've deleted two already.

main points you wouldve gleamed tho

1. i'm right
2. you're all idiots
Certainly a convenient conclusion eh other james?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #112
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

hey V,

how does a perfect being who can't do wrong create an imperfect being?
like, you believe man are all sinners, yes?
why? did God fuck up? did he not foresee what was to come?
why do so many people live in slavery and squalor? does that please God?
is he indifferent to man's suffering or just powerless to stop it?
and if that's the case, how is he all powerful? or all good?
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #113
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
fair?
What's your point?

You're insinuating that a lack of knowledge necessitates the existance of god. It doesn't. And even if it did, as you yourself said, the existance of god does not contradict the theory of evolution.

Let's go with that for the sake of argument. God created the initial, simplest forms of life AND the laws of the universe that would govern them. Now what's your argument against evolution?

Also, you owe an answer on my Adam and Eve question. Don't be a shithead. I've answered your questions (and will continue to), you answer mine.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:15 AM   #114
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Quote:
lack of knowledge necessitates the existance of god.
kind of like faith in a nutshell

that being said, i don't know why everybody is so determined to undermine or change V's religious beliefs. who cares? whatever gets him through his days is his business imo.

im not faithful but would never bash anybody for finding comfort and support in the church. there are a thousand reasons why organized/corporate religion is fucked up and operates in ways that contradict a lot of its virtues but the social and community-mindedness of the church is really beneficial and even life-saving for many people. if you don't feel the need to fill in the gaps with these ideas then cool, but i just don't see the point tearing people down who do. even on the internet..
Old 10-29-2014, 05:04 AM   #115
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

I've no problem with people filling in the gaps with god. Or even preferring a biblical explanation over a scientific one when they have knowledge of both.

I do a have a problem with people arguing against the scientific explanation when they clearly lack understanding of what it is -- pretending there are gaps where there aren't.

I wouldn't say something against a guy who believed a biblical explanation but openly admitted he knew jack shit about the scientific explanation.

If you're going to argue against something, know what it's about. That's all.

Last edited by Dominate; 10-29-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #116
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
kind of like faith in a nutshell

that being said, i don't know why everybody is so determined to undermine or change V's religious beliefs. who cares? whatever gets him through his days is his business imo.

im not faithful but would never bash anybody for finding comfort and support in the church. there are a thousand reasons why organized/corporate religion is fucked up and operates in ways that contradict a lot of its virtues but the social and community-mindedness of the church is really beneficial and even life-saving for many people. if you don't feel the need to fill in the gaps with these ideas then cool, but i just don't see the point tearing people down who do. even on the internet..
That's alot like how I am, I get how it works, so I dont sweat it. I mean it's called "faith " for a reason, I don't know why people expect proof.

People also put alot of faith into what they read on the other side of the argument. Some people read an article or a book and just use it as if it is 100% provable fact.

This almost always serves into complete clusterfuck conversation.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #117
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
I've no problem with people filling in the gaps with god. Or even preferring a biblical explanation over a scientific one when they have knowledge of both.

I do a have a problem with people arguing against the scientific explanation when they clearly lack understanding of what it is -- pretending there are gaps where there aren't.

I wouldn't say something against a guy who believed a biblical explanation but openly admitted he knew jack shit about the scientific explanation.

If you're going to argue against something, know what it's about. That's all.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #118
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

hold up, are you guys telling me Dan Brown was wrong?
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #119
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
hold up, are you guys telling me Dan Brown was wrong?
Dan Brown is never wrong.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #120
Just C

Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C

I love how people in here are standing by their words as if they are 100% FACT.

Chances are 100 years from now a scientific breakthrough will blow all these theories out of the water.

It happens all the time as scientific technology gets more sophisticated and the mind using it more astute.

Just because it's scientific "fact" now. doesn't mean it wont be science fiction tomorrow.
Just C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad sciencethumping itt, im with veritas tbh, veritas netcees goat heel, veritas wins tbh