Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
gitto138

Battle Record: BITER

gitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-level
Default is this a good start, tryin to find a balance between flow and content

My prospective thoughts are gathered, and kept protected in a collective box, receptors squashed, and stretched across some septic moss,
until all of my respect is lost,
perception crossed a path except it often lacks conception, balls, ive left them on the reception desk, to prevent erection, so i cant ascend, lie low,
offend a decent question,
with the least neglection, end up with a yeast infection,
a beasts reflection on what he sees, perfection, tossed in a priests confession, box, im dangerous till this recent lesson stops, i need affection, cuz my internal pump has undergone repossession, no wonder im real possessive,
gitto138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

If you want to sincerely 'balance' flow and content, you need to focus on your content more, and by content I don't mean the insightful message, I mean nitpicking tiny words that will pick up a flow. I shouldnt be giving this advice as I don't rap, but I understand it and can do it. The thing is, when your content is lifted, your 'flow' can come along with it, because you don't make sacrifices for the sake of flow, rather a single word can be the difference in making the 'flow' nice, or mediocre, and it can also be the difference between making the line sound/seem cool/deep/of quality, or mediocre. Word choice is crucial. Hence why people like @ill nik-A suck really bad.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Listen to the guy I whooped and be just like him, sucks at competition

Holler at the god
Old 07-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- colin kaepernick
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill nik-A View Post
Listen to the guy I whooped and be just like him, sucks at competition

Holler at the god
if you want i can tell people who thought i won 2 vote tbh besides the lame 3 niggas that think you won?
Old 07-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug baby View Post
if you want i can tell people who thought i won 2 vote tbh besides the lame 3 niggas that think you won?
You mention me in every post... You need to do that to give your nonsense technique some validation, reason you are mediocre, I am versatile and can do all rhyme related. You are a joke. Now stop emailing me I'm on vacation
Old 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitto138 View Post
My prospective thoughts are gathered, and kept protected in a collective box, receptors squashed, and stretched across some septic moss,
until all of my respect is lost,
perception crossed a path except it often lacks conception, balls, ive left them on the reception desk, to prevent erection, so i cant ascend, lie low,
offend a decent question,
with the least neglection, end up with a yeast infection,
a beasts reflection on what he sees, perfection, tossed in a priests confession, box, im dangerous till this recent lesson stops, i need affection, cuz my internal pump has undergone repossession, no wonder im real possessive,
shorten the line lengths first off, that alone will help you balance it a lot better. you can keep the same content just break the lines up so you can see if the syllable counts and lengths are are close/balanced. once you get that part somewhat even focus more on the content itself and don't just write to rhyme, write to actually vent and put yourself into it so the emotion comes naturally and doesn't just come off as words that happen to rhyme
Old 07-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- colin kaepernick

@ill nik-A cheeks.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #8
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

hello
have you been living up to your responsibilities as a good responder in my OM?

hope so.

cool post, still think your bars are to long and hold to many commas, try using only one comma per line and then start a new line, it still reads the same . it just makes it easier and more clear for the reader. also helps for the person who may have a beat on and isnt the longest winded person in the world while hes reciting

Old 07-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #9
Mitch

Mitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant future

i like it, clean but dirty flow, gj
Old 07-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
gitto138

Battle Record: BITER

gitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Really appreciate this feedback, yous are helping me expand, i never knew rapping was complicated, for me any way lol
gitto138 is offline   Reply With Quote