Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future
Default Battle Arena Tournament 1 Pre Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush
Intro
Off the bat, I just want to give props where its due to all you guys sticking with the site and the "art form" (lol) through all it's stages and forms thus far. Real shit, some of you I know, some of you I don't know.. but none of that really matters, the point is that we all share one common goal from here foward. That goal is an easy one, we gonna have some fun and write/read some battle raps. Not to be "that guy" but I recall a era, not far past where dozens and dozens of ppl were actively participating in battles and tournaments and txt was actual active and fun. Not saying that it isn't or can't be now, but imagine opening a battle for votes and shit got 2 votes before you refresh the page. Shit was legit like that, and it prolly will never be again, but hell we gotta try right? All I ask of you niggas is show up, write ya best verse, and give some good feedback to your fellow battlers. I'm all for trolling and all the extra shit, but I feel its best when kept separate from the battling so lets try to do that in this tournament. What ever the fuck, I'm high and babbling. Fat wife, moving on.

The Deal
I've had a few new tournament ideas for awhile, as well as the itch to battle again lately. Summers over and its cuddle season. I ain't cuddling these hoes. Thus I will mod some tournaments and try to give you guys a solid platform to do your thing. Shoutout to @Allen Knight for doing just that lately, but baby sitting you muhfuckas is too much job for any one man. Seeing as I haven't been reading battles like that lately, and I am not super familiar with the whats what of whos dope or not, or ever whos who anymore.. I figured a nice mini tournament to just kind of build some momentum would be a cool idea. I wonder if any of you are actually reading this? Should I have did a video mag? Whatever. The format of this tourney for Battle Arena Champion will be one I introduced awhile ago and REALLY favor... so THIS TOURNAMENT IS A BLIND DROP, SHADOW BOXING FORMAT. YOU SEND ME 10 LINES. YOU DONT KNOW WHO YOUR BATTLING. I DO. WHOEVER SENDS THERE VERSE FIRST IN EVERY ROUND UNTIL THE SEMI FINALS WILL GET +2 VOTES. THATS TO REWARD BEING PROMPT AND HELPING SHIT FLOW. ANYWAY YEA. I WILL ALSO RELEASE THE BATTLES ONE AT A TIME TO TRY AND GET MAXIMUM VOTAGE. YEAH I JUST MADE THAT WORD UP. FUCK YOU Um, yea.. thats it I think.

The Battlers

@Plot
Don't remember much about Plot, but I do recall him being some kind of European and shit at txt. Aside from that he kinda seems like a faggot. Fuck this kid.

@Innovator
Inno is more of topical guy, but he does seem to be a pretty straight foward shit talker which can translate really well to battles. He may have recent battle exp here, or might have alot from elsewhere but nothing I can speak on. Should be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

@Schadenfreude
Did someone imply this dude was Beyond at some point? If he was it would be super funny and ironic especially considering the name he chose. I do remember dude being kinda dope or at least above avg back when I was reading battles a few months ago. I expect him to do well here making it fairly deep into the tourney.

@Cyrax
No clue. Mortal Kombat name. Not a good look. This is the kind of guy I used to relish battling in my prime. My mindstate was always if you had a rep worth anything why would you need a alias? Re inventing yourself is for failures lol. No offense dude you might be legit new, or really dope. Lets see.

@Blanco Bishop
I remember Blanc being above average and really finding his stride last time I was reading battles. I would consider him a newer hand at the txt shit, and someone I would put a high ceiling of success on. Just gotta stick with it and find the sweet spot. I got high expectations for Blanc to make noise in the near future.

@Killing Spree
Kill has potential that I feel he has never been able to capitalize on. Dude has wit and a good idea on how an effective concept should be turned into a impactful punch. Dude has all the tools he just needs to put it together. This is a good chance for Kill to get some traction behind him. Bring your A game every line bro.

@Mr. J
J is another topical head but difference being with him I've seen dude actively battle before. Right before I stopped MODing J was one of my favs to read. Dude battled his own way and brung a different flavor to the table I felt no one else did. Keep at it J. I appreciate you joining my tourneys and spreading ur writing wings. Salute.

@Awww Shit
Who is this? New person? Zelph or something? Iunno.

@Super Cred
Cred is a thread on the mic and the keypad both. Dude will bring consistent gunbar lines and stay at his opponents neck. He has a gritty style alot of ppl try to mimic but none do it as authentically. Cred should be a threat here, especially to the up and comers in the early rounds.

@Bash
I remember Bash having a different name, it just wont come to me right now. Dude has a straight foward style that when it works is super harsh and effective. If I had to pick a break out battler from the newer guys I would have backed Bash a few months ago. Eager to see how his style has evolved.

@Bags
This is one of those names ppl itch to get in their win collumn. Bags is more or less the face of Netcees at this point. Not saying hes the best active battler, but he is prolly the most effective person at insulting you. He is also pretty good at making those insults rhyme. When he's not picking up 6s and 7s on tinder hes typing angry stuff into his phone at strangers. Helluva guy.

@King Karaoke
If I had to pick the biggest name of this generation far as battling goes I would have to pick this guy. Dude had an insane run of Goldberg proportions. I'm talking straight undefeated beasting on shit for months. This nigga is a problem. Almost killed @seth scheinberg over a troll attempt. Oh yeah he's actually a proven black txtcee, that shit is rare. Endangered species shit.

@Aero
Can be really dope at times. Really reeallly dope. Can never beat me. Has never beat me. Hasn't been good in a long time. Has he ever been good at shortbar? Elite? No.. Azn? Debatebly. Does it matter? Yes. Funny, sometimes. Don't fuck this up Aero.

@Witty
Witty is going to beat someone here that you guys expect him to lose to. That is if he stays on his A game. No rhyming just for the sake of rhyming. No wasting bars. No easy shit. Dont rush the verse. Witty is dope. Cmon Witty. Be that guy.

@Utmost
Sorry bro, don't remember enough about you. I remember you tho. Vaguely. Please show up for your battle. I will make up for this in the next rounds.

@R!canTheoryz
LMAO! This guy is the shit. A fucking icon. He is like the reverse version of Karaoke. He had a Gillberg esque run of losses that would shake the interwebs to its core. This nigga never won a battle from like 08-11. LOLOL! haha. Nah Rican a real nigga. An actually battles on cam. He kinda good too. Big ups my nigga. And as far as losing.. the nigga always KEPT SHOWING UP to keep battling. All heart.

@Strikta
He's going to no show.

@Orc
Orc is a staple of this txt shit. Been around a minute and has consistently been near the top, or one of the best doing it. Orc is an example of how hard work makes all the difference in this hobby. One of the few examples on how re inventing yourself can be done correctly. Salute to a legit Hall of Famer still doing it.

@Destroyer
I always knew Des would be a break out battler. Dude has the grit and determination and thats all it takes to succeed at anything. There once was a man named TimGrady who stood at the edge of abyss...

@Slechtn
Don't know dude. He writes like an alias. Let's see how it goes.

@Lotto Smirk
Lotto is another battler I felt had a high ceiling and would blossom into a very competitive mc on the site with the right work ethic and dedication. I haven't read anyting from his recently so it will be intriguing to see how dude has evolved as a battler. Wording can be an issue for him at times.

@2tripple0
Tripp is a cool dude but seems to have yet figure out the punchline setup format that seems to be most effective in txt battling. I respect ppl for having their own style and doing they own thing.. but tripp needs to find a more effective version of his style.

@ill nik-A
Legit legend and txt battle veteran. Has compete at the highest level for literally over a decade. Has been away from the site for some time. Wonder if rust will be an issue for an old champion.

That's that. For those I don't know I will get ya next time. The whole point of this tourney, aside from obv crowning the next Battle Arena champion is for me to get a feel for this shit again. Lets go.

Outro

That took way longer to get up then I thought but bear with my guys I got a full schedule and am trying to fit this in amongst tons of other shit but yo. WOW at the RIP of a discussion board mainstay in @Bags. The lime has claimed another soul guys. May Lama have mercy on us all.

DON'T FUCK AROUND PM ME YOUR 10 LINES FOR ROUND 1 ASAP. IF I DONT HAVE IT BY THIS UPCOMING SUNDAY YOU HAVE NO SHOWED AND ARE ON THE SHIT LIST NO EXTENTIONS

Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the effort broseph

Dope intro. This season is officially legit.

Glad to be apart of it.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #3
Awww Shit
YUUGE

Battle Record: 1-1

Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit

Just to be clear... Upcoming Sunday, meaning tomorrow?
Old 10-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

good shit
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:35 PM   #5
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awww Shit View Post
Just to be clear... Upcoming Sunday, meaning tomorrow?
Next Sunday my bad. I thought today was Sunday alrdy.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #6
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Props my man, by Sunday you mean next week, yes?

Nvm just read the post above.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:57 AM   #7
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

Dope mag @Hush and goodluck to everyone....
Old 10-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #8
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Lol atleast u keep it 100.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #9
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

I'ma bust somebody ass just cuz of that too.

Nice mag tho.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #10
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

The more effort y'all put in ya verses will reflect the effort I put in the mags going foward

Let's get it NCGs
Old 10-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #11
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

I'm confused as to blind drops. Like I just write 10 lines towards no one in particular? I'll win this easily no one seeing me when I put in effort.

I liked the honesty in this mag. Strikta will no show.
Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #12
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

Due when?

Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #13
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Nice.
Allen Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #14
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

Rep. @Hush

Good shit bro bro
Cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #15
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
I'm confused as to blind drops. Like I just write 10 lines towards no one in particular? I'll win this easily no one seeing me when I put in effort.

I liked the honesty in this mag. Strikta will no show.
Remember that time I beat you?

Old 10-02-2016, 06:16 PM   #16
Awww Shit
YUUGE

Battle Record: 1-1

Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit Awww Shit

This site must have an alias issue because I get accused of being someone different every other day
Old 10-02-2016, 06:51 PM   #17
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Due next Sunday 2nd Sunday of October
Old 10-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #18
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

I have received the first verse . That person gets +2 votes in his battle
Last person to send gets -2
Old 10-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #19
Blanco Bishop

Battle Record: 11-20

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

Good shit.

Appreciate the work put into this.

Damn -2 votes?
Blanco Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #20
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

I'll probably get it to you midweek @Hush