User Tag List

Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute
Default No cream, no sugar.

There's a moment when the barista calls my order (a large coffee — no cream, no sugar) that gives me this pleasurable sense of superiority over my fellow man. In that instant, as that midlife crisis asshat unsheathes a straw for his caramel-hazelnut frappuccino with a chocolate drizzle over the whipped cream topping, I think to myself, "What a faggot."

The following moment is when I hate myself most. So the man enjoys a sweet treat on his way to work. He's probably making more than me. He probably goes home to a couple kids and a wife who, though past her prime, still smiles when she sees his minivan pull into the driveway. Maybe he has a sense of purpose. Maybe I could be more like that guy if I drank a caramel-hazelnut frappuccino with a chocolate drizzle over the whipped cream topping and retreated to my dad-mobile with a Steely Dan album cranked to level 8 out of 20.

Maybe I could quit with the self-loathing and Joy Division knockoffs for a second. Am I better for listening to Echo & the Bunnymen? Can you impress someone when you're too aloof even to talk to them? The bags under my eyes suggest that coffee is more for getting energy than because I enjoy the bitterness. But don't I? What am I even going to expend that 365 milligrams of caffeine on, anyway? Another day of listlessly writing for no one in particular and trying to make it through a career that seems short on cash and long on insecurity.

Besides, it's an iced coffee.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
gitto138

Battle Record: BITER

gitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Aw man caramel-hazelnut frappuccino with a chocolate drizzle over the whipped cream topping please
gitto138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
Coup
Don't believe the hype

Battle Record: 4-5

Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup

lol cool man....keep doing these...suprised i read through this with a sense of whats next. ha
Coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

I know this seems really simple in some people's eyes but I loved this. I honestly been wanting to write more like this, this was dope. The imagery was good in the verse as well, idk I just enjoyed this a lot bro keep writing.
Adverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Battle Record: 3-3

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

picture this being read at a open mic poetry slam type shit....who woulda thought I was into a whole piece about coffee... But the dope part was what your meaning behind it all was..

good shit

HoLLa
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
DexLabb
song genius

DexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-level

james franco is that you man? all i can picture is james franco saying "frapachino" in a gayish voice. come on man... get urself a frapachino nah'm'sayin?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

DexLabb I wish you wouldn't post things anymore.

This was cool Certain. I can tell you write for you a living.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #8
david stern razor burns
with razor spurs

Location: At David Blaine's favorite place with David Spade and Macy Gray

david stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant future

This was quite good. It was interesting to see a more poetic and real side of Certain. Very relatable material with all substance and no needless filler. Quite impressive to see you load even more ammunition to your already formidable repertoire of writing styles.
david stern razor burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

really enjoyed this. there's a short story by BJ Novak that comes to mind. the humorous look at insecurities and vulnerabilities is something I get down with. good shit, you're good at writing free verse poetry - not many are.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

i haven't tried to write like this for a few years because i find i think too much. not to say i write LIKE this, i mean as well, or better, or worse. just in this vein. this was an enjoyable sojourn into the thought process - it might spur me to do something similar which is about the highest praise i can allow myself to give you.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote