Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future
Default 2 New tracks

Sorry for the $15 mic...

"The Return"
https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/the-return

"The Transformation"
https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/the-transformation
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

you do the beats?

the return slaps, maybe some variation on the kick's bass, and some variation on the snares in the velocity levels. like drop the middle snares down a little just to give it a looser vibe. like PAP, pap, paP, PAP. pap paP PAP.

but yea good comments first. the overall production, not just the beat but song structure, you are leaps and bounds better before, this was structured and vibes well, i wasnt a fan of the guitars towards the end but i liked the weird filtery stuff before it, and the whole structure of the track.

the constructive comments tho, your writing took a step back. to piggy back on the production comments, the structure of all the writing/what and how your rapping is solid, but whats actually being said could be stepped up. when making more just keep that in mind. just think of unique shit to say, weird words. like i don't rap but on my drive to work i play my beats in the truck and free a little and every know and then i get a word like the other day it was SOLITUDE. and i snapped because its just a random word that popped up while i was thinking of a name for a track, but from there its, SOLITUDE BEEN A SOLID DUDE BUT NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH etc. and a bunch of words that rhyme follow and shit. but basically just try and be more fluid and intricate with it, because the writing is to simple

but again the writing is good in the sense of songwriting. the lyrics arent. if that makes any sense.

like it sounds like a reference track. like if you were trying to sell the song itself, showing what could be done on it to another emcee, where he would run with your idea but pen his own verses.

but yea the production value and everything seems to be going way up just from a structure and song writing sense.

this beat could be crazy. the 808's coming in but if you brought in some crazy hats and more 808 kicks booming, like it is dope starting out bare bones, but when the kicks drop bring the whole drumline in KNOCKING and MOVING.

but again, pretty much the same crits as the last one, i feel like the IDEA of the hook and shit is SOLID.

if i knew how, and i was you i'd try to sell these to a fat agrresive black dude from like memphis or something with those yellow bloodshot slavery eyes. like if he was all agressively spitting THEY TURNED ME TO A BEAST, THEY TURNED ME TO AN ANIMAL id be alllllllll in.

i feel like you'd be better producing these but as a rapper i think you should go another direction honestly.

dope to see you dropping again tho

if you don't mind and wanna send me the wavs for the transformation i'd like to play with it, and i can send you what i do. i wanna try and see if i can throw some hats and shit on it to get it going crazy
Old 05-08-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

lol... If "you're lyrics are too simple" is the worst thing you could think of to say after being out of practice for 4-5 years then I take that as a compliment.

I'm old now, man... I got grey hairs and shit. I just have fun doing it. If someone wanted to pay me to rap on my beat and tell me to get off of it and let him have it, I'd take the money and run. Call me a sell out, I've been doing this so long I'm just trynna get back at it. My boys are doing some shows writing on my beats.

https://soundcloud.com/themuddywaterboys

These dudes are young and have a way more intricate approach than me. I like their style and they like my beats so we'll see what happens.

Like I said, I'm out of shape, out of practice, and just trying to get the cobwebs out the brain. I even said I was trynna dumb it down just to get through the song. lol

I got some other beats I'd rather track out than that one. You got a gmail and shit right? We can just share files with google drive and shit. But I'm trynna get it so we can talk on the fly and shit somehow like "yo, i just flipped dada check me son" "aight, i'll see what's the deal when i get off work" HOLLER AT YOUR BOY SHUT IT DOWN, throwin down illness type nasty shit if we was for real gonna do some shit.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #4
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word findawg

i was being serious tho its not a sellout thing, i just think these style of tracks dont suit you, which is why i think you should step the pengame up and go in a different direction when recording your own. not in any type of making it sense, just in a making cool tracks sense.

but word man just trying to help with my two cents like always. and word you can send whatever my way, i was just wanting to play with the drums on that one when im bored lol

jameshalton1989@gmail.com

not sure how google drive works honestly lol
Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

the return beat sick as fuck... overall, simple, but catchy. this type of track is what people go nuts over to be honest. uh oh got a point but at the same time.. this the kind of shit would sell. as far as mixing i think it coulda been better. followed!

onto second track
Old 05-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

didnt really look deep into the second one. something popped up here. but sounds like it woulda have drawn me into it. ill be back later. check my soundcloud if you havnt already. would love to work with you if your down. especially if you can make dope beats. of course a verse would be nice to
Old 05-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #7
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

also followed your muddy water boys btw
Old 05-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

rellik were you on rap addicts?

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #9
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

finny whatchu doin bro that vocoder shit is dope, the whole hook is dope really, and so is your delivery really, not as dope as the hook but, you sound confident. but man those lyrics are just not cuttin it. and the outro is a little much, i dont like the electric guitar, i can get someone to do an actual elec guitar solo that'd be way doper.

i dont fuck with the other one but you should give me that first one to do the verses justice ;)
boof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wigger approval thread