Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #52
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
Honestly I know I need to study Rome and I've been kind of dreading it because it's so massive in scope
i completely understand. i've spent way too much time learning about it and still feel like i know next to nothing about a vast swathe of it, because i only focused from like the punic wars to the end of the republic. then briefly touched on empire times but they were already wack by then.

you do audio books right?

it'd probably be easier to do some type of overview deal first, but a good one, so then you have more context on timelines and events, that if you want to learn more you could then get into the boring but much more detailed sources where those overview type things get there facts from

i'd honestly recommend dan carlin. let me find the actual names of them but he does a great job on the eras i find the most interesting

Punic Nightmares

^ thats a three part series on the punic wars. basically where rome became the dominant force of the mediterranean by defeating carthage. i'd check that out first. i could probably find you links if you want to mp3's since its old and he charges a couple bucks for old episodes.

Death Throes of the Republic

^thats a six part series, but its pretty massive, if i remember right, part 6 is like 6 hours itself, and he still had to struggle to wrap it up. but thats probably his masterpiece. cucks like rogan think his mongols series is his best work, but this is. honestly i'm biased because this is hands down my favorite period in history, caesar and all them. but if i remember right he builds the entire ground work, and its all entertaining. but yea.

you should definitely check those out man. i'll get links.

but word the punic wars i'd check first only for timeline continuity, since they happened a couple hundred years before or some shit. there was a few times they clashed til it was settled, but that shows some of the evolution of their governmental system and how they became big dogs on the scene and not just a regional power, and then death throes shows more of the political workings as well as the dominance they put on the world

fucking rome was the shit