View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #36
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
a decent amount to unpack here.

but basically its like this, there are multiple ways to approach these issues. you want the government to handle these issues, by taxing, regulating and enforcing different measures. i vehemently disagree with letting the government have more power over individual people than they already do.

so basically everything you are pointing to as positives i view negatively from the jump. but im a gay libertarian minded dork. i honestly believe removing government and relying on the free market solves most of these issues, in relation to healthcare, college etc. if the government didn't already back health insurance companies, college loans etc. they would be forced to drop their prices anyways to compete.

so we can agree on there being problems with certain aspects of how things work, but at the end of the day we disagree completely on how to fix them.

i am against giving the state more power and money, because it removes power and money from the people, and theyve proven their incompetence time and time again.

im not for raising taxes on anyone. wealthy or poor. i'm not for expanding social programs. im not for government regulating private businesses and telling them what they should pay employees, etc etc

basically im anti government intervention into all things

i view that as extremely radical and over reaching and directly impacting everyones pursuits of freedoms and personal liberty.

i seriously don't get this type of disconnect. don't you understand that the free market bought the government and effectively dictate all industry related legislation? what we live in right now is the result of a poorly regulated corporate class, it is the result of enormous corporate power and greed, and your view on how to fix things is to regulate them less? don't you understand the disfunction of health care, pharmaceuticals is solely because of greed? in a completely free market pharma companies would do exactly what they're doing now. split the market share to not step on each others toes and in unison jack up prices for everyone, which already results in tens of thousands of deaths a year simply from having no regulation on how high prices can be. why do you think without any government interference that this would suddenly drive prices down? where are you getting the idea that they would decide to compete instead of doing what they're doing now? do you realize that these industries have literally never done better in the history of our country? and your solution is to let them do even better and hope they don't continue making everything more unaffordable? did martin shkreli teach you nothing? do you not have family on medication? like legit i don't understand this stance. we spend twice as much on healthcare as any developed nation, this is because of private industry. please make the case of how price gouging stops under less regulation. do you understand that as these industries continue to make trillions of dollars that all of that money goes to billionaires who hoard it in offshore accounts, stocks, assets, literally siphoning it out of the middle & lower class economy? meaning every year this continues, we have less to grab ourselves? this being why the middle class is shrinking and everyone lives paycheck to paycheck? you realize trickle down isn't a thing right?

let me reiterate. congress is made up almost entirely of politicians that do corporate bidding. how can you criticize the government's incompetence without recognizing their actions 100% reflect what the corporate class wants?
boof is offline   Reply With Quote