Thread: Diode 2 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Good morning,

I have my first competition in one months time. I am both nervous and excited. Any tips or recommendations or strategies?

Also, I am a two stripe white belt. I can tap other white belts and sometimes survive against blue belts. If you were me what should I focus on in my game?

Still planning to come to an open mat in Charleston this summer hombre.

Thank you in advance.
NAGA? New Breed? IBJJF?

Your adrenaline is going to dump and you're going to feel sick. It gets better the more you do it. Don't cut weight for a shitty white belt tournament. I don't know anything about your game so I can't advise from here. Pull guard if your standup sucks and you're allowed to pull guard (IBJJF doesn't let white belts do it anymore).

It'll be over quick. Try to shut everything out and treat it like a free roll.

Remember that winning or losing doesn't matter, especially at this level. Just have fun. If you can't have fun, competing isn't for you, and that's okay. Plenty of BJJ legends haven't or don't compete.