- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

"a long story short" (2005)

a quick verse off a track being done with 2 other local cats.
called "a long story short"....my verse is 2nd, feedback is appreciated....

i was once told by an indepth professor, that success is measured, seeing who can best the lesser when in times of stress and pressure/
and while it was a precious gesture,
in times of seriousness and desperate measures i've found experience brings a fresher lecture/
cause i was one of the few that used to love her,
but through the number of years and peers reduced to slumber, somehow you lose the hunger/ and choose discomfort, but once the truths discovered, these are brutal blunt words, but things'll never be viewed as they once were/
but as change is constant,
i rearranged the concept, that pain is god-sent, but with a tainted conscience, eventually became a monster/
reordained the patron saint of lost words, and jaded songbird, who remains to walk earth in aims to reattain his posture/
but for one to reach, something deep, coupled with beats, from buried underneath the blanketing subtleties simply just doesn't come with ease/
and it's trou-bl-ing,
the way the world changed from under my feet to the point where i can no longer describe what lies in front of me.....

coro:

nowadays, when inspiration-hits i seldom know what to make of it, so i just make a long story short...
and back when i had a lot more to say, but now its hard to formulate, so ill just make a long story short...
cause throughout the pain that i've endured it makes me wonder why im writing for, just to make a long story short...
cause once the purpose is gone it seems difficult to put the words in a song, im forced to make a long story short....

sabe el amin
nocoro
wetworks EP
sral is offline   Reply With Quote