- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default NBL Magazine: Week 1

Introduction

Wassup guys, welcome to season 8 of the NBL, run primarily by yours truly. Shout out to Allen Knight and Knucklehead for contributing to the mag, hopefully their continued input will be dope. This season will see a lot of tough penalties for not voting and no showing and I'm looking forward to kicking a few people out. Anyway let's get started.

Meet the Contenders

Packed Graves
RB head aka Kwal!ty’s cousin. He’s definitely motivated to show which is a good start, and he’s constantly improving. His delivery of concepts can be somewhat statementish but if he gets over that he should be a considerable threat.

Unfukwitable
Unfuk was in the NBL last season and had a pretty so-so record. That said he’s come a long way since then, and as of right now is one of the best newer cats with generic flips. He’s got some solid wordplay and with the ability to get to a contender match last season, he could easily see himself getting a shot at a champ match this season, even with harder competition

Jilti
One of the best newer heads on NC, Jilti was the runner up to Tic Tac in the most recent newbie finals in a close match. With some of the best wording and concepts of any relatively newer heads and a fairly unknown background, Jilti is definitely one of the big question marks going into this season

Persist
Is this gamble? I think it’s gamble. I’ve seen some of his 1-2 drops and they have pretty good wording, concepts are alright. Hopefully gamble or not Persist develops those ideas over this season.

Greed
The NBL’s wildcard last season, going from meh verses to beating the now champ Alvin Karpis out of the league in an early matchup. Greed’s inconsistency is his own undoing, but if he can figure out how to keep up his own style while really doing damage he could be solid competition.

En Sabah Nur
BA head who I’ve noticed more recently. He’s got a good handle on text and seems to enjoy battling enough to show without making a fuss. Looks a little corny at times but could be a considerable force given enough battles. He could be an X factor this season.

Hush
NC Hall of Famer who’s tore up the NBL in much more difficult seasons. He should be able to champ if he keeps showing but that can be a big if.

Blanco Bishop
An up and comer who is improving, but inconsistent. If he cleans up his concepts he should be good competition by the end of the season.

Tic Tac
The most recent newbie tourney champion - welcome to the club Tic. AKA Galactic on RB, dude has come a long way in the last year and looks to do a lot more damage this season. He should find his way to at least a contender match.

Knucklehead
Knuck champed the NBL at some point in the NC2.0 era. He could definitely do it again as he is one of the best active when he shows, which could be a problem.

Verbal
This dude is weird and probably won’t show but I hope he does.

Destroyer
Another good battler who can hang with the best when he’s on. He could easily make his way to a champ match and seems motivated enough to do so. Expect him to go 0-12 this season (even though most people will say he got robbed every week) with 33 sway threads.

Mike Wrecka
Old school audio/topical head who doesn’t battle much but will do it if he’s motivated enough by his opponent. He seems to want to battle Muff right now which means we should see some decent bars from him, or he could end up really corny. Mike’s kind of a wild card like that.

Tazz
BA guy who I’ve seen battle once. He looks like he did text a few years ago and has a mortal kombat themed avatar meaning he should be pretty ok. Looking forward to see what he does.

Strikta
Probably the biggest “if he shows” guy in text. I expect this new no-show policy to make an unintended example out of strik, which is a shame because he has a killer style with hard hitting wording and creative concepts. I’d love to be proven wrong on this one but he’s kind of a liability as far as showing up.

Iamtheliquorrandy
Alias who is already signing out. Cool.

King Ra.
I’m pretty sure most of this losses are no shows. One of the best all-around writers on the site, Ra’s a solid battler with dope wording. Hopefully he shows consistently because he could be some dope competition.

Muff
Muff’s turned his isolation on a rig in the middle of the ocean into becoming a full time text battler and it tends to show. He’s one of the more active guys on the site and his recent drops show some text chops that should not be ignored. Assuming he stays active, Muff should be a contender pretty early on.

Joe Metts
Text vet who is probably gonna no show. Which sucks, cause his track record speaks for itself and he could definitely do some damage, but Metts doesn’t tend to show unless his competition is really high profile.

Wordz Ahgod
I know this guy’s on RB and he seems to be good. We’ll see how he competes but I’m willing to bet he’s a solid competitor.

E Tha Real
Older head who I’ve never seen battle, so I’m looking forward to seeing it. All I know is dude has the same major as me which is cool.

Beans
A promising new guy who is constantly improving, if he keeps competing at this level he’s certain to come away better and should be serious competition by the end of the season.

Defiant
Another ‘if he shows’ cat who can be inconsistent with wording or concepts but can still hit hard. Hopefully his recent reaquisition of the BA is enough of an anchor to keep him around because he can be serious competition.

Sike
AKA Amen. RB head who is all about battling. I don’t think I’ve seen him battle tbh but I know he’s got experience. Looking forward to seeing dude competing with some of text’s better battlers.

King Karaoke
Kar had one hell of a run last season, going 12-0 and making it all the way to the champ match before taking an L to Alvin Karpis in a tight one. Last season saw lighter competition but Karaoke ended up with one of the toughest schedules and still came out undefeated. Will season 8 be his redemption for last season’s finals? Only time will tell.

Mercules
I know this dude was around awhile back and I think his name is funny. Haven’t seen him battle, hope he’s good.

Alvin Karpis
The returning champ, beating Karaoke by KO to close out season 7. Karpis is dope when he shows up and has HOF status. Could the only guy in text to back-to-back champ Summer Classics do the same with the NBL?

Potatosacklegend
Alias? Character? Newbie? Genuinely don’t know but his one newbie tourney verse was decent. He’s got a handle on text and should be an okay battler.

Hate Monger
I think this is spookydeep? If it is I still remember his fall brawl 1 verse that was funny as fuck so hopefully that troll character leads to some good verses.

Letterman
RB head I think? If so I think he’s good, looking forward to finding out.

Allen Knight
Another dope battler, Allen has seen his fair share of competition and we’ve seen his car and house. One of the first people to reach 40 wins on NC2.0 so you know he’s an active battler, we’ll see how that transfers into the NBL while also partially modding it.

Hydra
Alias who I don’t expect to show. Cool.

Mixtape of the Week

Check it out here

Rules to Remember

Outside of the basic shit (no swaying, etc) I wanna address voting as much as possible:

-4 voting links in the voting link thread every week - gotta be in the thread, I'm not gonna go count up your individual votes without getting any sort of post with links or names of battles

-If you take an extension you owe an extra voting link - all you asking for extensions this week keep that shit in mind

-If you don't reach the amount you owe during two weeks (i.e. being 6+ links behind) you'll be signed out until you get them - BA/tourney links will be acceptable if you can't find enough NBL links

-No showers will owe links and repeat offenders will receive multiple week bans

And to keep you guys and myself honest, voting and no shows will be kept track of in the sign in/out thread. that will be explained in detail next week.