Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #248
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

heres a ton of drums if you wanted to find more

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/25-gb...ection.268138/

my problem with having so many drums tho, is it can take away from ACTUALLY making something, because your auditioning a million sounds to find the "right" kick or snare etc.

but word

as far as taking instruments off of, or vocals off of chops, you can't do it. you can chop around stuff.

like for example if someone is singing over a part of something you want to chop, all you can really do is chop around the vocals, and search the song for parts where the music in the back, is the same, but they aren't singing. most of the time you wont, because they will sing over the same parts but it works sometimes.

you can take away some elements by filtering, but at the detriment of sound quality. and its not like you can hone in on anything really. you can filter out the high fidelity sounds or whatever you call it. like hihats/tamborines/cymbals. you can filter it so all you hear is the mids and lows. or you can filter out the highs and mids, so all you hear is the lows/bass.

i only ever really do it to isolate basslines, so if you want to do drops or something, you can drop out the mids and highs and just leave your drums and the bass knocking

and it also lets you control the bass sound itself, so you can turn it up, without eq'ing which sucks usually.

like make your whole beat, from start to finish, then mute everything but the sample chops, and then filter it so its only the LOWS, so its just the bass, and save it as an mp3 or wav, and then unmute everything, take the filters off so its back to normal

and then drag and drop the bass mp3/wav into the song, and you can basically control the bass outside of the main sample

if that makes sense