View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #16
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Battle Record: 9-4

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future

I thought Kin made a valiant effort with the First 48 wp. It read dead on something I would hear in a live acapella battle format and I enjoyed it. The murda show/First 48 connection has been done before but the concept and supporting material Kin used really opened it up to a unique interpretation. MS' bar was a great way to rebuttal it. It read fluidly and was pretty impactful with the commentary on First 48.

While the first two bars by both could go either way, the second set really decided the battle. Kin really shouldn't have went with a zip' em up/bags line as both of those used in that context have been used several times over. What helped cushion those flaws was the setup. It made me lol and definitely had that personal rebuttal feel that I envisioned when implementing the Rebuttal Option. You did exactly what I wanted you to do. You shifted into a personal tone and did it rather well.

Same with MS. While his first bar was more of a rebuttal then his second, it still had the tone I wanted but at the same time it came off just as hard. Now, I've seen the Orkin wp/np before, but what differentiates this flip from Kins Zip Em Up/Bags flip was that MS did just get out of a battle where as it stands he is and will eventually win. So it was relevent tie-in and a reference used not to focus on Orc but on staggering Kin. It was used supportively and not directly.

Overall this is what I wanted out of the Rebuttal Option. So congrats to both. Kin proved that going first isn't as big a handicap as some feared it would be.

v-MS