View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 05:50 PM   #9
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

MMLP: Descriptive, cadence is done well and kinda predictive throughout (which doesn't have to be a negative thing, in this case it isn't due to it being very story driven thing so it'd be cluttered if it wasn't), rhymes are on point and I enjoy how your story progress and how you word yourself, like here:

Wave upon wave of attacks, shuttles collapsing in moments
a fatal attraction, but yet to establish the motive.
^Dope visual and a great way to put emotion to what's going on.

However, I feel the wording here was made to make the rhyme fit and kinda comes off as awkward phrasing at the end:
and suddenly it hit me in the head, in a state of panic.
^I feel that if "in a state of panic" had connected to something like a continued sentence to the next line and not ended abruptly there with "In a state of panic" you could have made it work with what you were trying to do rhymescheme-wise while also making a little more sense in terms of wording the line. That's my take on it tho.

Enjoyed the twist at the end too, funny shit, can relate. Overall a solid piece with an interesting and cool twist to it all. Good shit with minor hiccups that doesn't detract too much from the piece as a whole.

Master Rock:

Interesting take on the topic, not really a fan of quoting entire lines like that since it's evident in the topic. I feel like you could have referenced it in a more interesting way, if that makes sense? Overall I feel the verse somewhat chaotic here and there, flow being a bit too choppy so to say, and I think it could have been made better by removing syllables you don't need like removing "then" in the couplet here:

"its as though our blessings have been reversed,
then the realization of the bits of darkness brung as the thunder disburse

^It'd still not be perfect but the flow would have been a lot better, anything to shorten down (or help) longer lines right after a short one will make it seem more polished overall.

Also in the following couplet I feel like the following line to "blessings reversed"-line could have been shortened to "my spirit questions if we're (we're instead of we are) living in the upside down." That may be just me tho, you feel if it makes any sense to your pieces/this piece or not tho.

I also have the same feeling regarding the intro now that I read it over, after "you can fly" I feel a better phrasing would be "and with a sigh she gave me advice on why" as it flows better, it's shortened down a lil while still getting the message across and it doesn't seem like a longbar as opposed to the previous one. I would also try to be a little bit more on point with where you put your commas/punctuation or not use it all as I don't really see the need of a pause or break up the sentence on "but with a sigh," as it made the line seem more choppy to me than it is.
I think the times change/time frame/point blame even tho point doesn't follow the rhymescheme as great it flowed well with great rhythm as opposed to earlier with misplaced commas, or wording, and you kept it going with tie chains etc. which was dope. I also liked the comma at the start of the next to last line of your piece to set the scene as well tho, it's unconventional but it works really well for the purpose you used it for, cool.

Enough with punctuation and phrasing, the overall concept was cool, I liked it quite a bit even tho I thought it was kinda hard to follow where you were taking it at first. Interesting take on calling JFK etc. for martyrs. You have bits and pieces here and there that work well and is dope on its own but I feel the overall piece could have been polished a bit more here and there. I also didn't quite grasp what the artifact of the truth was, I may be dense af tho. I feel like you're reaching for something dope that I for some reason can't quite get, or when I think that I'm on to something I question if that was what you meant or not.

Overall you followed the topic well and did your thing, looking forward to read more from you and see you grow further. I see potential for some creative shit in the future in terms of both concept/drive of the story and perhaps more thought out punctuation to help the flow if you choose to use it more. I felt your piece was mediocre but the read was cool nonetheless and I hope you keep writing.

Vote: MMLP Both followed the topic pretty well, overall solid work from MMLP and definitely a tough verse to face against. Cool battle but I felt MMLP took this one pretty easily in this particular battle versus the 2.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o