Old 06-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

I'm 'lining up these phrases', and I 'pick each letter' perfectly.
You cant 'hang, man'.. 'figure' I'd 'stick' em, your 'head is circling'.

I get that you're highlighting all your double entendres with the apostrophes, and I'm a bit more open minded about that kind of stuff than most the people on nc or rb will be, but honestly nothing in here is that complex that it needs to be explained. I've been reading/watching battles for like 17 years, I've seen all these done a dozen times. I think you're trying to do too much here, you shouldn't let your double entendres guide your wording, because then you end up saying things like "I'd stick em" which just sounds kinda corny, and ending your bar by saying "your head will be circling" just doesn't feel super aggressive or effective. I think it was passionate MC who had a bar in a song that said "Heads get bodied with a single line like a stick figure" which is a more innovative & concise way of wording a similar concept. Sometimes keeping it simpler is better than trying to do that scheme shit imo

A/B concepts, see, that's 2, D. Is Troy or Greece more royally due?
I said 'ABC', that's 2... Destroyer grease more oily, dude.

Again, you're kinda doing too much. There's some level of potential here that I appreciate, but phonetically the wordplay is forced. As far as putting it together syntactically, these sentences don't actually mean anything in the english language. "Destroyer grease more oily, dude" doesn't have a verb and is a sentence fragment.

Saying "alias swine".. your names a 'bore', but who's really in the mud?
'D talks' sick but take Car in 'vane', you'll 'owe, D', I'm silly with the plug.

the part about silly with the plug was a weak way to end the line. The rest is okayish, not quite as tryhard as the first couple bars, but still needs ironing out.

Blessed with the pen im deadly, only pull a punch when guns in my banter.
Chest get the 'sig already' dont matter you puff, your lungs get the 'can, sir'.

See my previous comment about letting wordplay guide your wording. Calling your opponent "sir" takes the sting off your punch

I'm in my 'prime', 'no division, could touch. You tryna meet 'beef or the dead lines'?
Mines' keep it a hundred, cut you in half for that '2-50' before bed time.

nah

u love my shit. It’s this ‘boy’s dream’ to match wits w/ D
so I’m not talking Dave Matthews hits when I repeatedly sing that crash into me

nah not digging it. singing that he's into you is weird prepubscent girl behavior

ur lines are trash kid. U should pick up a different vocation
The 10 I see is a sad joke, and I’m not referring to your listed location

the tennessee wp makes me cringe and is obviously dated enough that it's a common pick-up line, so naw

nah but for real ur bars are stupid dope & people will say they suck, but they’re lame
plus ur style was mad hot when you could carry box cutters and shampoo on airplanes

lol as simple as it is, this is kinda funny

nah. shit’s retarded. lines add up to = ur bars shit
thought u were an alias... then realized u have to be someone to start with

this is cool

prolly rusty since I aint battled in a minute... hell, not for months
but this gonna be the DNC debates where the old guy won’t get robbed for once

wording toward the end could've been better

overall destro had some ok stuff, nothing that really blew me away. I think the alias bar might be botb. That being said, he didn't have to do too much here. effective wording was pretty much enough to win this for him by a substantial margin

v/ destro