View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #11
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Perhaps the closest thing we'll ever get to understanding the subconscious mind is mental health patients that don't know where their issues come from or why they're reacting like they do, because that might be the subconscious at work in real time. Mental health is a puzzle that science try to uncover and it's often linked to DNA and chemical imbalance but they don't know exactly what triggers it yet just that certain medications work on some and others don't. Maybe Genocide will become one with his subconscious after all if he goes through with this.

@Veritas to thread.

@Greed: It might not be the case either, this is just my thoughts but I think they may hold some weight on the issue. Depends on how you choose to define what the subconscious mind really is I guess.

This is a complicated issue. Let us make it as simple as possible and take it step by step, yes?

1. What defines us as "us" cognitively?

2. If there is a vast dimension of information to aid in this definition, can we gather it, cipher through it, and utilize it?

3. If we can, is there a process?

answers: More than you know, Yes and yes.

Now these question deal strictly in terms of being, this is the philosophical aspect.

Geno was looking more into the practical applications of it, and quite frankly, the mess he has made with just the little bit of his "self-database" means that giving him more access would likely either make him more foolish or cause an overload/breakdown. Suffice it to say, I am not convinced that this would not be casting pearls before swine.

@Genocide to elab on how I am wrong in this.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote