View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #74
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
So weed is illegal in California now? If something is federal no state legislation is valid?

I think all abortion is murder. I don't believe any should be illegal because banning things with a dominate hold on a culture never work. I think we have bigger fish to fry as a society. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it and debate mouth breathing liberals that would have been red car mechanics if they lived two towns over.

I simply stated in this thread that Bernies platform supports these late term abortions, and that it isn't going to win him undecided voters. Des took that and called me a dumb ass, and then continued to make non arguments with me because he thinks he is all knowing but totally doesn't care he just like, is in the know. super smart guy.

So, my ARGUMENT is that Bernie using that as a talking point when he knows it won't help him win undecided and current Trump voters (whole point of using fox as a platform??) just shows how fractured the left is atm. He made a bunch of points to win over some leftist that aren't currently in his favor while doing nothing to win over people that will actually help the left win the big picture. Just my opinion. This only turned into what it did because I challenged destro on actually having a useful thought and he failed like he usually does. Now he's just going to insult my wife instead of me because he's a cheap shot loser with no value to give society.
Marijuana remains Schedule 1 at the federal level and is federally illegal to own, possess, distribute, manufacture, etc. in all 50 states. State laws and federal laws come into conflict frequently. The willingness to bring those laws to trial is what decides whether or not something remains in conflict. For marijuana, the DOJ has erred on the side of not challenging the states but rather prosecuting individuals.

For late term abortions, you can bet your ass a mother trying to leverage loose language to abort for any reason other than what Roe set precedent for would have an army of lawyers descend upon the statehouse faster than she could take a breath.

I never told you that you couldn't have an opinion (hence stating that none of this argument even makes sense since morally you are opposed to all abortions). And I simply pointed out that no state legislator intended for a protective state law to be misconstrued to legalize all late term abortions. Unfortunately, the sqwakboxes on the right chose to spin it that way.

You and Des and Bern and Boof are its own thing and I ain't touching it.