View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:13 AM   #5
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Longer version in mag

i thought both utilized the topic well and each took a similar route in first stanza, but branched off from there. It's a rare read that outshines Witty in terms of flow, and I can't say Blue fully outshined, but he def kept his own and had more of a lasting impression for me in terms of structure and overall degree of difficulty. This is not say Witty's verse wasn't pristine in terms of crisp flow, because they both were in reality. But Blue def impressed where as witty just did his usual Goat status IMO. As far as concept however, I had a greater attatchment and overall conection towards witty, his left a more lasting impression overall basically. This may be because I'm American so slavery talk is more fresh on the brain. But beyond slavery, racism is something we are seeing daily on the news via shootings and beatings and injustice to this day, so yeah, it's a bit more impactful for me. All in all, I thought both of these verses were penned at a very high level, both deserving of a semi-final match and could get a vote or nod in a finals match. But as I said, one was simply more down my alley and slightly more lasting in my mind as I walked away from the reads

v/ Witty

Very close

TUPAC SHAKUR