oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Vulgar: I think the idea was dope, if not a little too reminiscent of Idiocracy in places (nitpick). I just don't know if the idea, as presented, justified the length of the verse. I like how the lone person who finds worth in books is invisible in his society, and how he reads classics to re-educate the masses. It's all really dope, just seems a bit overstuffed. I would have liked to see less of the background on Ned and lead to a more powerful conclusion with the boy wanting to read, personally. Overall, only small complaints, but they're there nonetheless.

Certain: I enjoyed the metaphorical representation of the relationship. It was semi-narrative, but more allegorical, which is up my alley. I also really liked the various literary references at the end, and that last line was killer. Overall, this was sleek and well-executed, and your writing was lyrical and poetic. Not much to critique here.

Vote: What this comes down to, for me, is execution. Vulgar had a more ambitious idea and pulled it off in a wacky dystopian narrative, as is the calling card of Vulgar. Certain went for the less is more approach, and it was clean and effective the whole way through. It's almost like All Eyez On Me vs. Illmatic in a way. I can easily see why people may disagree with this, but my preferences lean toward economy, and as such Certain gets my vote. Great clash of styles, two great verses, but one left me room to criticize and one didn't, even if both were well-conceived and well-executed. Great finals, gentlemen.