oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

@uh oh the "Jesus never existed" argument is a lot stronger tbh. I'm working under the assumption that the Bible is 100% true for this argument, because theologically it is enough to settle the debate for religious folk.

As far as scripture says, Jesus never set out to be a political activist, and never charged any disciples with political activism. as @veritas pointed out, Jesus came to save people, not to judge them, or constrict their legal freedoms. hence, christian campaigning in political realms is very much opposed to Jesus' actions per the Bible (and ironically, very un-American from a historical perspective).

I'm not saying Jesus would have supported gay marriage laws, I'm saying he would've broke bread with gay people, as he did with prostitutes and tax collectors, and gone about his business preaching the WORD.

Quote:
even if jesus wasn't against the romans themselves, he was definately opposed to the puppets of rome.
this is where things are getting conflated. he didn't actively "oppose" anyone, except for a single time when priests were using the church as a marketplace. Jesus was not a revolutionary, in any way shape or form, other than we now consider a following like that political in nature (even though, again, it wasn't).

Jesus' teachings: believe in God, love yourself and your neighbor, obey the law. All Biblical facts. Jesus never said: gay people are extra sinful, make sure you snuff out their wickedness in court rooms and playgrounds across the country at every turn.