Thread: NOT MY HOMIE
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #26
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
gotta respect the hoopers and the daps

I know you're trying to be funny.. But my father didn't even know who Luka was. When i told him to watch him play, he texted me like "kid plays like Larry Bird!" Which made him interested. I got a pretty cool dad. We played elder scrolls online together for a while. But we don't have a lot of other interests besides TV, movies, video games and sports. I love talking football with him, but he hasn't watched basketball really since he made me watch Jordan. Back then i didn't really know what i was watching. But the whole country were Bulls fans back then. Even you being a Knicks fan, there's no way you didn't watch Jordan. You're a couple years older than me. I was 12 when MJ won his last chip. I liked the Cowboys but wasn't really into sports. I was too skinny and not athletic enough to play backyard football with my brothers without getting smacked around. It sounds nerdy as hell, but NBA live made me a fan of basketball. Just like Madden got me more interested in football. I really didn't start watching sports avidly until my early 20s. I didn't start reading about them in the off-season and paying attention to trades and FA signings till later than that.

Now that I'm 33 i have real conversations with my father about being a dad and trying to be a good man. But every once in a while we can shoot the shit about unimportant things like sports when it comes up.

My point is that a legend like Kobe is the same about MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem... Even tho i didn't grow up watching all of them, now that i know more about BBall i can understand comparisons better. I know what they meant to the game. Hell, i watched Dirk single handedly change the game.

When my own son grows up he may not know a lot about sports, idk what he's going to be into when he becomes a man. But he'll know who Kobe was. He'll know MJ. And that kind of shit is cool to know and think about.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote