View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 10:07 PM   #14
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I’m going to be quick, but I’ve read this battle a few times.

Cashius: You hit the personals hard. Your verse was disorganized a bit, though —fat wifeif you’d thought more about which punches should follow which punches, the closer and the Kaepernick lines would have been even stronger (and they were my favorites from your verse). I didn’t like the fact that you said he “could be the first black dude in the HOF,” which is blatantly false. A few of your punches needed a little more in the way of either creativity or harshness. But this was a good, solid, championship-worthy verse.

Karaoke: You really tailed off toward the end. The “Stranger Things” line was so good, then it was downhill. Moreover, most of your personals and nameplays were the weakest parts of your verse. Desiigner ad libs and “Stranger Things” were the two standout lines. Yet they also fit into the theme of a bunch of clever but generic references that made your verse feel a bit redundant. Still, you worded and organized your verse much better than Cashius, but you didn’t leave as much of an impact.

Vote: Cashius