Thread: Delete.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #14
Alice

Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

I skimmed through this a few times and it's remarkable to 'discover' something new with every read. Your work is, per usual, littered with various mythological and modern day (for a lack of better word here) references, beautifully embedded in futuristic settings while still maintaining fundamentals of realism. There were lots of references, beside the hint at Total Recall, I didn't catch on first read, so I appreciate your elaboration on them as well. I don't want to repeat what's been stated already, but the naturalness of your language, particularly in the dialogues, was another highlight to me. Your work is always incredibly smooth, not only in terms of schemes, but also in terms of narratives.

"Next the sliding doors opened and she told me to go left
Blown away and so impressed with the incredible inside
full of high tech features that were geniusly devised
The interior was white - ultra modern - WiFi lights
and a wired-in device that could monitor my mood
and compute my vital signs via sensors in the room

"Is this facility brand new?"
"We just finished it in June."

Replied the flickering assistant as the interfance grew

"If my appearance seems unsmooth or electrically confused
it's the instruments and tools and the signals they produce
near essential base equipment that's intrinsically infused
with the system's CPU & a neural network that is intricate & huge."

^probably my favourite segment as it's a prime example of the aforementioned characteristics of your verse. Incredible work, glad you shared this one.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote