View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

This was a good champ match, not great, but good. YDK, I would have to say, this was in my opinion, one of your best pieces of the season, maybe even the best. You excelled greatly in the way you strung together each line to create a most fluid read from start to finish. I can tell you really took the time to write this and make it a smooth read. Props. I liked the direction you went, though it isn't one of the more unique takes. You dropped some really good lines to drive your point across which makes up for the lack of a unique take. You practically flooded your whole piece with these key phrases which made it very enjoyable. While you had many good lines that provoked thinking, you did have a few that were a bit bland, but as I said before, the flow of your piece pretty much disguises those slight hiccups. There wasn't any major issues with your piece, which I feel is your best, but I think you could have done more in the creativity department. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the flow of your piece and it's overall readability. Certain, you've had the hot hand for awhile. With the numerous no shows from top tier writers and a much open road to winning the title, it seems winning this title was yours for the taking. Funny how my vote in your match against oats kept you in here huh? Lol. No seriously, you seemed to write better and better and last round against myself, you dropped what I believe was your best piece of the season. In this match, your piece wasn't better than last round, but once again you fired another solid piece. Your opponent had the better flow, you created a very unique cadence which actually made the read very smooth. I definitely like your take on the image as well. You based the concept of your piece around the signature while throwing in descriptions of the image to mesh with your points of view. I liked that uniqueness of the concept. Your writing, as of late, continues to deliver. Your precise use of certain words and the way you put it all together goes above any writer on this site. I think you've taken the critique of having "boring" pieces and really started applying more creativity and stretching your approach to topics. You've found your niche. The bullet point section was really cool, and I think the way you ended your piece was just as good as YDK's, maybe even slightly better. Overall, this was very good.

I commend both of you for the amount of work you've put in this season with writing. YDK, you've had an up and down season, but managed to string together some solid pieces to make it here in the champ match. Certain, at one point, you seemed out of place this season but then put it all together, especially during this playoff despite a drop in competitive opposition, while still writing at an elite, consistent level. I think you've made a statement. Though YDK wrote probably his best piece of the season, it just wasn't enough to topple Certain's uniquely written piece. Congratulations to both of you. I enjoyed each story very much.

MFVGT: Certain. Great job by both competitors.