View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 02:47 AM   #4
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea when it starts in that link. And there are 3 album versions. But @ roughly 2:20 is my favorite verse. I've listened to it more than a hundred times but if it catches me at the right time I still get chills. My favorite band going for it. The verse is only so good if you listen to the first half. "I could sigh into your hide and say I hope I'm here forever" is so God damm fucking perfect. To be lame, I seriously thought about tatoo'ing the verse's lyrics on myself when deciding how to erase my shit tattoo. With age and distance I can objectively say this isn't in OR/Will Sheff's top 10 in terms of lyricism but it has that perfect combination of poetry. music, personal nostalgia, and delivery for me.

My favorite rap verse is either

Elzhi's verse from 2:23 to 3:28. But like above it's worth listening to the whole song. For a different reason here. Because this is just a normal hyperlyrical backpack track, common in the era. But Elzhi's pauses and scheme is fucking dumb. I think about the Source Mag delivery when in a bad mood. I honestly dont think you can deliver a rap verse better than this. Take the schemes of your favorite textcee then actually spit it and make the delivery the point. Fuck off. I want to build a home and live forever on the "what's even more sick" line delivery and just retire in anticipation for the rhyme I know's coming. Might be different in the Lord's eyes. Fingertips touch the ceiling from the refilling of the uzi. Just. Fuck. Off.

Or Eminem's verse on Forgot About Dre which is literally perfect. I wont link it because you can recite it yourself. Two car garage. Fuck off.

Shout out to Aesop Rock's "Battery" and a shitload of El-P ($4/vic's second half is a fucking masterpiece)/RTJ (Killer Mike's verse on Merry Christmas or w/e is top tier) verses
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?

Last edited by PancakeBrah; 08-19-2018 at 03:15 AM.
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote