View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #220
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future

1. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
2/5
Not bad, felt matter of fact for anyone who's read anything on anything like this.

2. The Professional by W.C. Heinz
4/5
Really good. Minimalistic impactful writing with a simple plot, a lot of insight and a great ending.

3. Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga by Hunter S. Thompson
3/5
An interesting read, a good look into something I knew nothing about.

4. Last of the Breed by Louis L'Amour
2/5
A book I should have liked because of the manly nature of it, but the pacing lost me.

5. Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield
3/5
This was another book where the pacing was off, but some of the passages in the book were phenomenal and made up for it.

6. The Shining by Stephen King
3/5
I'd never got round to reading this even though I liked the film, and it was enjoyable. Apart from The Stand, nothing from King really blows me away, he's just a good, functional writer.

7. The Mixer: The Story of Premier League Tactics, from Route One to False Nines by Michael Cox
4/5
A book on the evolution of tactics in the English Premier League. A really enjoyable read for anyone who's into that.

8. The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Jason Fung
4/5
The most understandable book on weight loss I've ever read. I never understood why people who wanted to lose weight claimed they ate less but didn't lose weight, and now I get it. Should be mandatory reading for anyone who's attempting to lose weight.

9. Disclosure by Michael Crichton
3/5
Fast paced thriller that kept me reading. Good plot.

10. Women by Charles Bukowski
3/5
Bukowski is so easy to read. There are other novels of his I've preferred but I haven't read one yet that I haven't enjoyed.

Currently reading A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov. Enjoyable so far. Still trying to find a book that blows me away. The last book I rated 5/5 was Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr., and I read that in 2016.
KempoMRK is offline   Reply With Quote