View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #71
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Since u love stats so much include career length and divide accordingly
I did

Slim Shady LP #s alone 18 Million vs 1.4 million for Stoney (again add in another 600,000 k for Beerbongs & Bentleys that's 3x what the actual numbers state) Barely making 2 million.

In case that's hard maths for you that's 9x more sales for a first worldwide release vs 2.

I'll even give you the fact that Em came out at a time before streaming was really a thing and before file sharing was popular so people essentially HAD to buy the album to get the music vs now where it's easy to access and stream anything without buying.

If you look at Revival alone which is arguably one of Em's worst albums of his entire career - look at the #'s -

Quote:
Eminem earns his eighth straight No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 albums chart, as his latest studio release, Revival, opens atop the tally. It launches with 267,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Dec. 21, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 197,000 were in traditional album sales. Eminem is the first act to achieve eight consecutive chart entries that debuted at No. 1.
-1st week sales vs a month for 200k for Post Malone.

This is after his hype train derailed, and decline in popularity. Besides "River" which I've only heard play on the radio once, since the album released - there was basically no marketing for this album (aside from everyone saying how shitty it was)

This isn't an argument or even a debate at this point, it's just facts.
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote