- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Saint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant future
Default Merk Or Die 2007 Pre-Magazine - 12/12/07

MOD Tourney - Merk Or Die 2007 Mods of leagues and tourneys from all around the net face off to see who the better battler is for once in a tourney that consists of nothing but mods and former mods. Winner gets $100.

Bragginwrites.com - David Lama

Who’s Who?

Oz - a mod tourney without oz wouldn’t be a mod tourney. Especially since for a while he was who popped into peoples head when anyone mentioned the RBL. He modded that shit for a long minute. Then stopped modding it. Then came back. And I believe he repeated that pattern a couple of times. Dude was hated on by more than a few dudes. And was accused of being crooked as a mod. I believe he even admitted to being crooked once. He can win battles though. So dudes better not sleep. I believe he’s a former RBL champ. Not too sure on that. And I recall him making it far in the RBL with a alias he shared with super dooper as well, I forget what the name of that alias was at the moment though.

Ex-Kal - he was one of the original WBL mods. At least one of the original wbl mods of the WBL that eventually became good. Not the one from 2001-02 but the one from 2004-2005. He modded it with classick for a while. And I eventually came through and did my thing in that league. But dude held it down for a while and then modded the PRBA and now he’s once again modding the WBL. He tends to try different things like video and audio mags. He was actually the first text league mod that’s ever done a video mag as far as I know. And when it comes to battling he’s no pushover he can actually come with it at times although he tends to laugh at his own lines more than others, he laughs at them even in his own verse lol.

David Lama - some credit me as THE WBL mod from when the league was good since I was the mod when shit was basically at its peak. Shit had everyone from everywhere in it at one point. There was weeks when we had about 70 to 80 heads and barely any of them were newbs or whack or shit was crazy. I’ve modded the FWBL which was the first battle league FW had. Which eventually becomes beatsrhymeslife. I think I actually introduced E to the whole bboys/rm/upn/bw world of text. Or at least I introduced a lot of them to him and his site. Im modded the RBL, BBL, PTO, PRBA and a few tourneys. Only thing I ever mod these days is only things on BW. And I consider myself a wildcard when it comes to battling. Especially cause of the long breaks I text at times. You never know how I’ll drop. Im a former rbl and wbl champ.

Diode - some people don’t even know diode used to actually write before he was a mod. Diode’s been modding sites for a long time though. For a while he was THE bboys mod. The main mod. And now hes the owner of project rhyme. And I believe he also modded on rap basement for a while. When people think of a mod diode is prolly one of the dudes that come to mind since that’s all they can think of when you say his name. So he’s certainly perfect for this tourney. He has a win over Richard corey from the wbl a few years back. Though in that battle both reposted disses and didn’t post actually battle verses. So it was a little weird. Diode is a wildcard though. Some have never seen him battle. And some have, but maybe when he didn’t try. You never know what diode will drop. We’ll just have to wait and see but don’t sleep on him.

Blackdef - he was mod of the RBL for a short period and also mod of the 10bbl for an even shorter period lol. He’s good with graphics. Ive seen him make some pretty nice logos for leagues and sites and shit. Though he needs to get his html game up! Ha. He won the last BW tourney, the PTO tourney and is in the finals of the pic tourney on bw right now against Richard corey. So he’s a fav to win this for sure since he seems to be on a roll these days. He’s a former rbl champ. But he tends to do his best in leagues or at least have the most success in them. Has he ever entered a tourney and not won?? Besides march maddness 2005.. Where he loss to Hensley. I recall him winning a tourney on RipTheMic a few years back.

Deon - he modded the HBL a while back. Not sure if he has modded anything else before. He won the tag tourney on bboys with properHops. They beat john Hensley and butler in the finals. He tends to not come as hard as he used to in 2005 and shit. Or maybe he has just changed to style to more of what he likes these days and shit. Or maybe he’s just not coming as hard as he could. Whatever the case may be. You shouldn’t sleep on deon. Dude is unpredictable at times.

Wise - he’s modded a lot of things on mrblunt. I believe he modded the league there for a while. He was one of the dudes in charge of deciding who is allowed to register to the site back when mrblunt had the closed registration thing going on. He has come hard in a couple of battles over the past year. He tends to half ass at times and shit though. He can come with it though so don’t sleep.

Chrit - he has modded stuff on RB and I believe on RV as well. He was LLL mod on RB like a week ago. He was using the names ManBearPig and RDotC while modding it. He is considered a RB vet and has been battling for a while. I believe he tried out for the pba once but ended up no showing for that. I havent read a verse by him in a while. So im not sure what to expect but I’m sure he can come with it.

Oneduh - he was the last rbl mod. Before it got resurrected again by king whatever his name is. Some people said he was a corrupted mod. Some were even saying he was even worse than Oz when it came to being crooked. He was the mod of the rbl while he was the champ there the last time he was champ. He ended up going like 23-0 or something as mod of the rbl. Some people said he should have lost at least 2 of those battles. But he won them. He can come with it. He doesn’t need to be crooked to win. He actually has skills. These days he tends to no show a lot. He doesn’t seem to be motivated to text battle anymore. He better drop for this though cause he’s no showed like the last 3 bw tourneys he’s been in.

Defcon_5 - he modded the RBL like 2 years ago. He’s been supermod on more than a few sites over the past few years. He helped me a week or two in the BBL when my elbow was broken. He’s been battling forever, since 1997 according to him. He tends to burn himself out at times since he joins everything that’s going on whenever its going on. If he just stuck with one league or tourney he’d drop so much better, especially if he took his time.

KempoMRK - he had the WBL actually looking cool for a while this year. Something many thought would never be something that would have happened again after me and class stopped modding it like 2 years ago. He didn’t top the 2005 league but he still did his thing and had everything up on time and had some quality mags and had some hype going on. He also was modding a league on emceeforums, rapverse (LBL) and BRL..

Area51 - he mods or modded a league on a site called Anotha. And I think ive seen him modding something on RapGodFathers but im not sure about that. He made it far in the pto tourney on bw. Actually got all the way till the finals and lost to blackdef. He recently beat ill nik a in the pic tourney. So hes doing his thing and seems to be on somewhat of a roll. This guy just keeps getting better and better. Hes in the finals of the winter war tourney against drugs at the moment too. Dudes just doing his thing.

John Hensley - he was mod of the RBL for a while and had a short wbl mod run as well. He tends to also come up with ideas for tourneys and says he’ll mod them but then pulls disappearing acts a week or 2 later. Lol. Latest example being the winter war tourney. He’s obviously a favorite to win this since he’s actually a nice battler period. Mod or not. His problem these days is himself, he no shows. Lately that seems to be all that he does. He might show for one or two weeks but eventually he’ll no show. He’s becoming unreliable and im sure he has a hectic schedule in college or whatever. But pretty soon if he keeps at the pace that hes at he’s going to reach mic booth level and all people are going to think of when thinking of him is no shows.

Jux Czar - he modded the HBL on 411hype a while back as key something or whatever his name back then was. I believe he has run other leagues as while on sites such as RipTheMic. He’s just getting back into battling so he’s a bit rusty and his last battle showed he also has a hectic schedule or just isn’t too motivated to write these days. But who knows. He might actually try to win this one and have time for it. Which can only mean trouble for whoever faces him.

Prometheus - he (the plumber, J-Nyce) was mod of a 100 man tourney on RM. A tourney in which like 80 or so heads showed for. He was in a bit of controversy in that tourney but nothing was ever proven. Some people, including myself accused him of being crooked in that.. The tourney never got to finish since he was demodded before he was able to finish it. He can battle though and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Im sure his main focus at the moment is the GRB though. So I don’t think he’ll be coming with 100% for this tourney.

Slaying Hughes - don’t really know much about him. Square said he was a alias of someone. But I asked hughes and he said square was wrong. Slaying says he modded a league on freestyling or something. Im not sure if he’s telling the truth but I took his word for it since he did his thing in the pic tourney vs. kungfugrip in round 1. Actually almost got the upset vote wise. not sure what to expect from this guy since he’s still a mystery to me.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote