View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #19
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Phil View Post
So, this American mythological expert went around the world analyzing myths and legends and discovered these 12 elements that all enthralling stories have in common. It's dope but it ruined movies for me. Star wars, Lord of the rings, and all epic movies share this whole formula!

Check it out, and get your brain food today.

http://www.movieoutline.com/articles...-monomyth.html
Ah it's cool you brought this up, actually just got done reading some of his work from these books :

The Hero's Jourey
The Power of Myth
Creative Mythology
Myths to Live By
The Hero with a Thousand Faces

On one hand I can see the disappointment in finding out the 'movie magic' and original scripting is all based on 1 common structure. But on the other hand if you think about it, why do we even have movies and video games and books? Everything had to start from somewhere.

In any regard the books are a great read if you're going to do any writing (still entertaining if you don't) I was working on my story/series before I came across Joseph Campbell's work but after reading it I couldn't see any other way to subtitle my series but based off the term Monomyth. (each title after adapting a form of that basic idea)
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote