Old 07-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #45
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Munster View Post
Uh oh I watched video

For medium he is using

MOKOKO premium coco substrate carries the Dutch RHP stamp of quality guaranteeing all processes have been stringently monitored from raw materials to production and storage. 100% recyclable MO’KOKO is an excellent alternative for the environmentally conscious grower.
- RHP certified to ensure the highest physical and chemical specifications have been met
- Excellent for cultivating ornamental plants,vegetables and potted plants.
- Pre-washed and buffered to prevent calcium and magnesium lockout while stabilizing pH values.
- Low EC value.
- Free of harmful parasites and disease.
- Completely recyclable and renewable.
- Excellent air to water ratio.
- Can be used alone as a soilless medium or as a conditioner with other grow media.

Are you using this same exact coco uh oh? If not what are you using? The part I bolder let’s you know that they’ve added garden lime to this coco. I tried to find “ingredients” and on forst google I could not find exact ingredients, but I’m 99% percent sure that if you find contents or ingredients it will mention either garden lime or ground up oyster shell or something similar to keep the ph stabilized and also to add calcium magnesium

If you just use regular coco without any of this then you need to 1. Add cal mag and 2. Absolutely make sure your ph is within 5.9-6.5(this is why I initially tried to shy you away from coco)

But even if it does have lime I still would add calmag lol. That’s just me tho and what I’ve learned from experience, and I have to add it in soil in flower so I know I would still do it in coco because coco is way more inert and nutes wash out way more easier in coco

But imma stop repeating myself

I see you linked canna coco brick, which is different from Mokoko and does not have lime or any equivalent
Good luck bro
the canna coco is prewashed and buffered as well, but that just means its been rinsed of all the excess salts that accumulate, which can block your plants from uptaking nutes. it doesn't have lime added? . but word its rhp certified and has a ph of 5.9-7

the canna coco itself i mean. so its basically the same shit just a different brand. im worried about fungus gnats tho bout to cop sticky traps and NEMATOADS to be safe lol

but word i got some cal mag AIGHT. FUCK. nutrients wash out of coco easy when you're using bottled nutrients. which is why im going the organic dry shit. i don't want to use cal mag or any of that unless i absolutely have to. i don't know why im being stubborn on it. even tho theyre organic bottled nutrients its still weird to me pouring fluids other than water on it lol

but yea i know the PH is gonna be the key, i'm gonna shoot for 6.2 for all waterings, and gonna check my coco mix as well prior to planting anything, im guessing you can bring it down by just flushing it with a lower ph water? cuz the brick said it has a range of 5.9 to 7 right out of the bag.

but word the ph range you described is what the plants will actually need to absorb any nutrients. at least thats what im learning.

i seen him use dolomite lime? the dude in the vid but i feel it was a different scenario, maybe in one of the teas he used to save plants. but there was mad shit in it. guano, earthworm castings etc. and im assuming making the tea is basically just making homemade bottled nutes. giving them ready immediate access where as the dry fertilizers are more of a slow release

but i seen it described as like juice with humans. like its healthy as fuck and rewarding to eat an apple, but if you drank a gallon of apple juice you're fucking up type deal, the healthiness of it is lost on you. sure your getting natural sugars and shit but since you don't break it down and digest it its not as good for you

but word i know this style of grow is pretty fringe from everything i've read ima give it a shot though. everyone has some type of soil mix and a rack of bottled nutrients and feed schedules and shit lol.

Last edited by uh-oh; 07-07-2020 at 06:54 PM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote