Old 02-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #27
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

and the fentanyl is killing people because its being laced into the heroin, which is the epidemic. no one just buys fentanyl lol. they buy H. you get some fentanyl and that OZ of H just became 10. stomp the fuck out of it and bring the potency back up with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by joog View Post
So about jobs, my previous post explained how the "they took our jobs" meme, is exactly that. A meme. And that its far from true, in fact immigration of any kind, legal or illegal, is actually beneficial for native born workers. This linked study goes more into detail.
http://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu...states-economy

"At least its something" is pretty much settling for a 5bn$ non solution to a problem. Its almost silly.

If we wanted to curtail this, why not penalize/prosecute big business owners who hire illegals instead of citizens? Because immigrants arents hiring themselves....
I hear of ICE detaining/arresting ppl everyday. But i never heard of a business getting shut down for hiring them in the first place.

Also, min wage is getting boosted up. 11, 12, 15$hr in some places. Do you realize the increase in produce costs if farms had to pay their workers 15$hr? Its not doable.
And who? Who tf is picking oranges in the sun for min wage? Not no americans.
i mean you're from boston so you probably know people from the poor experience, but city poor is a different mentality. theres money everywhere, its a hub for people

if you're in rural america, or even a failed shit city, people will work whatever they can get. that article you linked is malarkey. its referencing wage growth and a higher educated workforce off the bat, when this discussion is literally about the uneducated dirt of america. the ones that fall through the cracks etc

i gave anecdotal evidence sure, but its evidence anyone from any failed midwest city could give you, at which point it isn't anecdotal. its actual experience. its a meme for a reason, politicians and others point to it because they are playing to bases where it ISN'T just a meme. its that type of thinking that led people into thinking trump had no shot.

those are realities for a giant swathe of america

but yea, i think they're misguided in thinking the wall will solve their problems. i too think businesses should face the brunt of the punishment if found employing illegals, whether they were duped or not. have background checks etc whatever is needed. i think that would make a massive difference the wall wouldn't

but you asked why people are for the wall. and thats why. they either believe it will work or believe it will help. those same people could give a fuck about nasa, which has a miniscule budget anymore, but there are tons of things they don't give a fuck about that the government spends money on, so its easy to get behind something ridiculous they feel helps them