Old 07-10-2020, 12:17 AM   #10
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

This was a cool battle but honestly one verse just seemed more polished than the other...more about that below

Universe - we're no strangers to your plotlines crossing lines (i.e that whole brother/sister murder rape narrative you told awhile back this season) but I think this one strayed a little too far over on the wrong side of the line. It was an interesting parallel to draw between ideas and children, and while you had your typical Uni style it seemed a lot more forced than most of your works I've read thus far. It was kind of a convoluted plot in my eyes it was just the "shock value" you were going for just didn't completely register with me, it wasn't because it was a bad tale or I thought it was in bad taste good it was cool conceptually but just didn't have the concrete foundation that most of your pieces have. It fell a little flat in the execution department imo

Six - I liked the way your take progressed, it didn't seem like you had to cram anything about it it just flowed freely and was told in a very well paced way. We got to see the rise and the fall of this man who became king and let power corrupt him. I like the time period of your pieces of the last two weeks feels sort of medevil? This wasn't quite as good as your verse last week but I found little qualms with it, it read smoothly and it was seamless in it's transition from scene to scene sort of like reading a book of fairy tales. Stole the show this week.

All in all, I think Universe got a little too ambitious this week and found himself telling not too concrete of a story, while Johnny impressed yet again and looks to be the man to beat going into the playoffs. For me the winner was clearly Johnny, I'm a big fan of Uni but he just felt off this week. Know he'll come back in a big way in the playoffs though

V/Johnny