- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Battle Predictions

Neighbor vs Veritas - We kick things off with the current undefeated NBL champion up against a wild card entry in The Mind Assassin that is Veritas. It’s hard to look beyond Neighbor here as he’s been in a great run of recent form and Veritas isn’t known for his text battle prowess, though he has dabbled on occasion. This one could end up a complete landslide, but V will no doubt be looking to make this more comedic than take it serious. I’ve seen him upset opponents before, for sure, but don’t see Neighbor being a name he adds to that list in the opening round. Prediction: Neighbor 99/1%.

Wanderer vs Adverse - This could end up being one of the closer of the round, with both opponents relatively evenly matched. I know Adverse has been doing very well recently in the NBL and GWL. Wanderer has been consistently performing also, and I’m a fan of his wording. I don’t expect either to rely too hard on nameplays as a lot will have been used against them previously, I see this one coming down to who lands the bigger haymaker punches and consistency - for that reason alone I’m siding with Adverse here as he’s had the more success in that regard in his recent battles. Prediction: Adverse 55/45.

UserName vs Coop - I don’t expect either of these guys to be as familiar with each other as some of us are with them, so this one could prove tricky to make it out of for them both which makes it an interesting prospect. The difference in styles also makes this one intriguing as User typically has a more comedic and clowning edge to his verses, while Coop has the more direct and personal heavy style that could be nullified somewhat if he doesn’t have much on User outside the fat jokes. I expect consistency will play a factor here, along with personal preference and who lands the bigger shots. For those reasons, I’m going to give the pre-match prediction to UserName as I think he has more in two, if not all three, of those areas. Prediction - UserName 75/25

Resin M-I-C vs Dave - A rapid rematch of a battle that went down in the NBL just last week. Sheesh. Res ended up taking their first instalment, which might weigh on Dave’s mind somewhat and give Resin a mental edge going into this knowing he’s already beat this opponent previously. Will that see Resin slack off even slightly? Can Dave raise his game this time around to avenge that loss? I guess we’re about to find out. Dave has impressed with his recent performances in the NBL, as has Resin, so don’t write either off here but the smart money is surely on Resin to repeat the feat this time out. Let’s just hope Coop doesn’t vote on this one. Prediction: Resin M-I-C 80/20

Ajax vs Witty - Ajax is coming into this straight off the back of his April Isolation 2020 Finals battle at UPN, Witty on the other hand hasn’t battled for a minute and I don’t think it’s doing him a disservice to say battling isn’t his strongest forte either. Witty has dabbled in the NBL before and done reasonably well, but will it be enough to compete with Adonis here? It’s a tough draw for him in round one and there will be a few people relieved to have not had to face him. I don’t expect this one to be very personal, I don’t imagine either to be overly familiar with the other, but I’m giving Ajax the nod over Witty based on his most recent strong showings and recent finals (which I think he also won). Sorry Wit. Prediction: Ajax 80/20

Aero vs. Zelph - This is one of the battles I’m more anticipating from out of the brackets, I think both are quite well matched stylistically, they’re both rather large characters on the board with storied histories and personal ammo galore which could make for an entertaining first round battle. I haven’t seen a lot from Zelph in recent times, but if he can get close to the form he was in when he beat Resin M-I-C he could prove a problem for Aero here. This one is as split as Zelph’s lip for me, if I had to call it I would go Aero slightly based on the fact I’ve seen more from him of recent (in the UPN round one battle he lost) than I have Zelph. I don’t expect to see Aero crash out of two tourneys back to back in the opening rounds. He’s better than that and I don’t see him slipping twice. Prediction: Aero , slightly 51/49%.

Fracture vs. Inno - This one here could be another upset, Inno has it in his wheelhouse to beat out Fracture as he’s proven by champing the 1-2 Punch League earlier this season, but for my money I would be betting on Frac all day. WhiteFrac is at least motivated, as seen in his UPN tourney run over the last month, but I don’t expect him to know a great deal about Inno or care to research him. Inno may well know the name Fracture as he’s been around some considerable time, albeit more on the topical side than the text battle one, Fracture is a name recognisable to those even outside text battlings insular bubble. I know Inno won’t be sleeping on his opponent, but if Frac does on his this could end up closer than it needs be and allowing Inno to sneak in and steal the win. Prediction: Fracture 89/11%

Letterman vs Packed Graves - Damn, one of the RB guys is going to leave the tourney early I guess! How Seth gonna do RB dirty like that? Nah I’m kidding. These two are relatively new faces to the NC scene but they’ve both been around some considerable time and will know each other well which could mean we get more personal shit. I, personally, have more preference towards Letterman as I think he has the concepts and execution to overpower Packed here. Packed Graves has a punchers chance, so I’m definitely not writing him all the way off and if he does win it won’t be a massive upset in my book but for me Letterman is the slightly better of the two in those areas noted and I can see that being a deciding factor here. Prediction: Letterman 65/35%

Orc vs Plot - I think Plot will be viewing this one as a chance to claim a noteworthy scalp going into it. Orc has been looking good recently, with an effortless style that’s coming together for him and everything seems to be clicking. The two of them have well-known backgrounds that give their opposition ammo to use, there’s probably more dirt on Plot than on Orc to be fair, but Plot had some nice showings in the 1-2 Punch League to show he can throw down bars when required of him and Orc is a heavy hitter too when required. I think the favourite has to be the Irishman Orc going into this one, but don’t count out the Aussie entirely here. Prediction: Orc 70/30

Ryno vs Zuch - Zuch is no slouch, he may be a little rusty still and not back up to full speed but he knows his shit. He was good at this for a long time. Ryno has been consistently good, and steadily improving also, over the course of the past twelve months or so and that consistency is what I think will give him the advantage here. I hope Zuch proves me wrong, as I’ve known (of) him for a long ass time but Ryno’s current form makes him difficult to stop and I can only go off what I’ve read from Zuch recently in the April Isolation 20 tourney. For that reason, I’m saying Ryno here. Prediction - Ryno 80/20

Allen Knight vs Enbombz - This one could well be the match I’m anticipating most from the opening round. I think stylistically this is a good match up, both sharing attributes in terms of aggressive punchlines and their execution. I think this battle will be flames, Allen Knight perhaps the favourite heading into this clash as he has shown and proven he has what it takes to win while Enbombz perhaps lacks the accolades here to solidify his spot with the gorillas. That won’t weigh too heavy on his mind though, I’m sure of it, and he will take this battle to AK with that in mind. I think while Allen may be the favourite, this could be the closest battle of the opening round. Prediction: Allen Knight 55/45%

INF vs FGR - The battle of the three-letter usernames, huh? This could be a close one to call. These two will know each other from RB’s LLL so may also have some personals on each other locked in the chamber. I expect so at least. Inf has bars, his opponent might be lesser known to the NC crowd and that could give Inf a slight edge as the personal angles will be fresher to the voters. There’s ammunition out there on Inf also, but a lot will have been used and it’s going to need something creative and original to put fresh spins on them if FGR is to eek this one out - even with the rolodex of alias names and alt accounts for FGR to flip. This one is tough to call, for me, but I’m going to go ahead and give Inf the slight nod as I think a combination of him having the fresher personal angles and concepts will prove decisive. Prediction: Inf 60/40

Cashius vs DLB - The returning DLB is handed zero time to get up to speed in facing Cashius straight out the gate here. This is a tough draw for him in round one, no doubt, and Cashius will be looking to reinstate some respect on his name after the first round tourney exit over in April Isolation 20. The two of these guys have been actively battling recently, both coming into this off losses which makes this interesting as both will be motivated and wanting a win under their belts. It’s difficult to look beyond a Cashius win with everything factored in though, he’s had the sharper showings, only lost to some of the top tier competitors in those he came up short on, and DLB has spent time out of the game while Cashius has been a namestay for a long while now. I’m going with the safe bet in Cashius here. Prediction: Cashius 80/20

Destroyer vs Jayson Fresh - The one certainty in this battle for me is that Desmond Troyer will be turning up. Literally. I’m not so sure about Fresh, but I hope I’m wrong, as he has bars and an unorthodox style to him that I enjoy reading. Let’s hope he does so. Des is battle tested and had a solid run in the NBL of recent making it to the Contendership battle showing he still has the hunger to compete at this level and now. Will rust play a factor for Fresh given his time out of the game? Well, he blessed the open mic with a battle-orientated verse of his and he didn’t appear to have lost it at all. From a purely personal perspective I prefer Fresh’s style to Destroyers, but there’s a huge question mark over him showing for me. The guys on the subs bench might want to start warming up. Prediction: Destroyer 55/45

Victor vs Schism - I honestly have no idea why Schism requested that god awful name change in Disc, not that it matters at all. Just putting it out there. Schism hasn’t been too active at NC in his tenure here, though he’s got involved with the NBL recently and shown enough to be granted a spot in the biggest tourney in the NC calendar. I expect Victor won’t know/care enough about his opponent to get too personal, Schism on the other hand will find himself with plenty of ammo on NC’s self-made thousandaire. It could be the deciding factor here if Schism does his homework and blindsides him. I’m going to give Victor the slight edge, but could see this going either way depending on how both end up approaching this. Prediction: Victor 60/40%

Cred vs Bomb Bard - This one is a style clash for me personally, Cred the gun bar king up against Killing Spree’s aggressive alter ego. We haven’t seen as much of Cred recently, but we certainly know enough to say he’s capable of beating the top tiers on his day. Bomb Bard has been chalking up wins of recent with a noticeable style change and improved wording/execution of his concepts. I think Bomb has slightly more to offer in the way of variety, mixing his range of concepts up well, while Cred on the other hand is a haymaker machine with a very honed and refined style he can say is unmistakably his. I don’t think rust will play a factor here, though I do expect Bomb to be the slightly sharper and I’m actually going to predict him for the win over Cred which isn’t something I would usually do. I tho k his recent form coupled with him being so motivated could see him pull an upset here. Prediction: Bomb Bard 52/48%

@Da Brayn Lord