Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
also shadowville capitolized off soundclick right?

im pretty sure he was part of another soundclick group of producers that everyone loved. they had their own site and im guessing he branched off and did his own thing.

but they popped at a time when it was possible for them to pop. the database of beats online was much smaller, and it was the beginning of people being able to cheaply make music in their own bedroom. im trying to remember their original group. was it anno domini? or was he just a part of shadowville? maybe shadowville was the group and im thinking of anno domini branching from it.

either way. that moment passed and now its all "type" beat producers.

thats if you want to go the 20 dollars a beat route. but just think about it from a time put in perspective. thats like earning 20 an hour, IF every single beat you made sells, AND you make 8 a day 5 days a week.

its goofy.

i think the best route is to just keep music as a "hobby" but let that hobbies time be dominated by making beats to get to sync licensing libraries, and post your favorites to a soundcloud or youtube as well, to be open for opportunities with artists, but don't sell it short. i'd go like 200 for just some generic usage of nobodies, and 500 for the exclusive rights

but if you find good artists to work with you can still hook them up if you feel they're going somewhere

just play it by ear but for real just keep using your free time to make beats, and figure out which libraries to submit to, and how to. i think they might even handle the bmi/ascap of it? maybe not though. i'd have to get in touch with dC. but YOU should be looking into it as much as possible if you want to make money. your making sample free beats anyways and they sit on your hard drive. let them sit in a music library and maybe get used in real housewives of atlanta or some shit lmao. the good thing with sync licensing too is they don't acquire exclusive rights, thats how the same beat can be used a ton of times, and you can eventually sell exclusive rights if someone wants them know what i mean

look into it doggie
I don’t recall shadow and anno being directly involved with each other but they were always the top dudes on soundclick

I agree Finny neeeds to not get caught in the type beat makers trap. It killed the creativity and career progression of the boy joel venom imo. Dude was making really cool stuff and growing and. Ow seems stagnant dropping like 2 drake type yachty type ASAP type etc beats
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote