View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #12
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
last line was weird. the rest was just direct stuff we think we hope we know, but not sure if we actually do when it's happening. When we sacrifice ourselves, to make others happy, sometimes we don't notice until after it's all said and done. That's the thing, being wise doesn't have to be knowing everything, well, funny thing is, it isn't. Take the smartest dude on this board (me) and see how he performs when under pressure (greatly of course, wow this example sucks) no jk, actually, just take the most smartest embodiment of a person you know, not wise. Smart. book smart. They'll know what to do, but knowing what to do takes skill, and experience, it doesn't take the knowledge of what to do. You can know the steps into building a car, but actually building the car will be impossible if you don't have the experience in said skill set. When we're in situations of life, we usually don't recount, or recall ourselves. We usually act (keyword, usually) and when we do so...it's tough. And it makes for writings like these, that pinpoint that infrastructure. It's tough, because that's how we learn. I more often than not, catch myself thinking irrationally, because that's how we're wired to think, we're wired to take shortcuts, and we want instantaneous happiness. And that hurts us, much like the verse insisted. Good stuff, but it didn't need to be said, or maybe it did. It reads as a typical philosophical endeavor to me. But it was cool, man, honestly. MAybe you should delve deeper, and actually uproot some of your emotions through writing you've mastered. You will see it feels great.
real solid perspective brotha... more depth to your response than in this simple drop honestly. (it was just a re-posted reply i had in a discussion board thread, which i thought sounded interesting when I removed the context surrounding it lol)

good looks on the read, and real good thoughts thereafter. i do think that based on the introspect you have, which is a rare trait these days, that what's obvious to one almost always isn't to many.

the relativity of our collective experience shapes our individual perspectives is so bad we can think we're saying the same thing in words, but the meaning changes depending on who and how they're heard.

stay up pawtna