Thread: Delete.
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #10
Lyfzaa Gamble
The Wild Card

Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble
Send a message via AIM to Lyfzaa Gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF View Post
Yo, thanks for the feed and kind words, my guy. I'll definitely be looking to rtf at some point and time in the near future. On another note. Since I noticed you were putting some of the pieces together already. I'll take a quick second to elaborate on a few other coded references embedded beneath the surface of the text.

So, the entire piece deals with memory manipulation. Which is a (not so) Sci-Fi concept that's been explored for year now. In particular through films such as Total Recall and others within the same genre. Anywho, here's a few of the inspirations I pulled from to write this verse.

Jeff Barish
*The last name Barish comes directly from Jim Carry's character Joel Barish. Who appeared in the movie Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind. Which was literally about a girl and a guy who underwent an experimental procedure to forget each other after a breakup.

B.E.T.H.
*(Biometricaly Engeenered Transrobotic Hologram) was inspired by a combination of J.A.R.V.I.S from Iron Man and Joi, which is the name given to officer K's holographic companion and love interest from the movie Blade Runner 2049. Another film that deals with memory manipulation.

Morpheus
*The Morpheus Machine is the contraption that actually performs the task of cerebral augmentation. The name itself is a nod to the Matrix movie. Which was s film that explored the concept of altered reality. In addition, it is also a play on the name "Morpheus'. Whom was the Greek God of dreams.

Memento
*The line, "where I'll never be greeted by mementos of my murdered wife and teen"

Contains a referance to the movie Memento (a reminder) which was about a man trying to track down the killer of his murdered wife. However, the man had difficulty in do so because of an accident which left him suffering from a rare, untreatable form of memory lose. Although, he could recall small details of his life before the accident, he could not however remember things as recent as 15 minutes ago.

Lastly,

Dr. Schreber
*Dr. Schreber is the name of a character that appeared in the movie Dark City, where as a scientist he helped a race of extraterrestrial parasites imprint false memories into the minds of their unaware human prisoners. My iteration of the character was also loosely based on the 'Memory Maker' from the movie Blade Runner 2049.
Wow didn't realize how many different easter eggs you had in there, real creative man, props. I dig it for sure.
When I'm the Lord of War; - I sell weapons, move metal like Magneto.
Lyfzaa Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote