Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
8 minute match. kid was 26 and just won gold 2 weight classes up at super heavy at ibjjf atlanta open "for the fun of it" - had judo, wrestling, and bjj coaches. super jelly.

anyway..

we went back and forth standing for 2 minutes and both got stalling penalties. shortly after he went for a guard pull hip sweep and landed in my cross collar choke. got the angle, but not as strong as i wanted, and he was a beast.. told me he almost went out before i switched approaches thinking i wouldn't finish the choke. about 3 minutes left at that point. went to my knee shield and he got good top pressure so i tried to set up a harpoon when he got to side since the pass was inevitable at that point. failed 2x (did i mention he was strong af w/ good hips?) and he moved to north south to avoid me hitting it a 3rd time. tried to throw a bottom darce i learned from bill cooper but his movement was too good. had about a minute left and down on points so i went turtle trying to granby recover guard and he got a hook in to try a back take to bow and arrow. fought him off and got out with 20s left, threw up a hail mary triangle but too late. lost on points.

was a great time, gordon ryan was awesome, and guybson sa took care of all of us (serious - there was a sports massage table w/ licensed massage therapist giving pre and post fight 30m massages..).

i can u/l footage of the match if you'd like. the kakuto guys did commentary but i scrubbed the audio since there was a lot of personal info given.
Damn, definitely would like to see that tbh.

Did you guys grapple with Gis?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote