View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #5
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Cool battle. I thought net seas / lime green was a VERY cheap parlor truck by Lars. All in all his verse had a great variety of literary devices and shit. MMLP came off nice with it on a hip hop 90s flow. Yo that's my favorite type of flow. It was a dope and relatively gripping piece about a fish getting caught. I thought the ocean and its peaks could be interpreted as dope or wack due to the nature of trenches / ocean level vs the corporeal reality of a flat ocean while actually at sea. I chose to interpret it as dope. Lars had more layers to his verse and more philosophical quandaries. He was pretty deft with the written word. It's pretty abstract in comparison with MMLP's verse. The ending was kind of lost on me. I'm sure it's an obvious concept in Lars mind but to me it was weird. I'm tempted to vote MMLP but the stylistic rendering of Lars got me barely convinced. Nice battle.

V/Lars