View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #13
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
loving this interview series honestly///
I'm not. Em challenged people on Kamikaze KNOWING (assuming) the reaction it would cause. "Invite 'em in like a One A Day." "I don't know what I'm 'sposed to do/ Line up the rappers; take my pick like a photo shoot." I'm all in on Em blowing the whole industry up. He began his popularity by creating the Slim Shady persona and attacking everything. His popularity, unfortunately, transformed him INTO the popular culture he attacked. His decline in popularity, and everyone's hyperbolic reaction to his music has allowed him to step back into that role of antagonist. He did it on Kamikaze. This interview feels like back tracking. You don't wanna be a pop culture icon? You hate mumble rap? You wanna attack Joe Budden and MGK? Cool. Do it. Don't stop now. Joe responded. Lord Jamar responded. MGK responded. Critics responded. Keep making music. Em asked for this, it seems like.

Honestly, I think he's not sure how to approach winning this.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote