View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default Chess is dope but how come gangsters and people within hiphop seem to love it so much?

This is probably biased af but most "normal" people (those sticking to alcohol, no bs and 9-5s) I know and have talked with don't even know how to play or think it's boring. Most gamers don't even like it, and if they do, I tend to beat them with my limited knowledge of chess. In middle-school it was defo not something you talked about unless you wanted to risk something that may escalate to a asswhooping. You know who beats me tho?

Drug dealers, gangsters and people on rap-forums. The same people that used to fuck with chess nerds. I know everyone can like chess but this is somewhat strange to me.

This one dude I used to smoke up with that sold weed and amphetamine sent invites to play from the chess.com app on the reg for a while. I think he had a rating of 1700 at one point and all that jazz. Dude beat most people I saw him play against. This other guy comes along on visit, done some heinous crimes, dude beat him in a close match up. I mean, I can understand the latter dude cus he started playing in prison where there's nothing to do and read up on it, but my friend? Or quite a few of y'all? I don't get surprised when I see a chess board going to a new weed dealers house anymore. I don't get surprised when wolla gangsters tell people to sit down for a round of chess cus it's happened at random parties in a haze of pot smoke more than once to put it like that. Two people almost started to fight cus the winner didn't want to play a re.

I refuse to believe this scene is the cause:

but it'd at least explain the draw for people you wouldn't expect to actually know about gambits, openings, mid and late game plays.

What got y'all into it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote